Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

oil pressure sending unit

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2006, 04:57 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default oil pressure sending unit

where is the sensor located? or should i drill and tap the T above the oil filter? which is best? i will be using an autometer electronic guage. 98 ls1 in a 62 nova. need reply fast!!!
Old 09-15-2006, 05:04 PM
Staging Lane

Default 1962 chevy II

why isnt the search working??
Old 09-15-2006, 05:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You can either use the factory location which is on top of the block behind the intake mainfold or the plate above the oil filter. (many posts on both subjects if you search)
Options:

1) for the OEM location, you will need to get a meter adapter for your sender. Do a search and you will find adpater kit to handle this conversion.

2) Break/cut off the top of the OEM sendor then drill and tap it to the required pipe size of your sender (I did this) and just screw it in.

3) or you can drill and tap the plate/cover above the Oil Filter to the Pipe size required. Some people run into Header clearance problem if not routed correctly.

The PCM doesn't use the Sensor signal for anything of use, it is used for the pressure gauge.

There are
Old 09-15-2006, 05:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used the stock location at the back of the intake manifold. Got an metric adapter set from EQUUS, it had adpaters tht worked for both my water temp on the passenger head and the oil pressure sensor. I am using electronic aftermarket gauges from Dolphin. If you have tight clearance between the back of the motor and firewall, that may be an issue. Here is a picture of mine with the metric adapter, a nipple and an elbow. If I had gotten a longer nipple to raise it higher, I could have turned the sender closer to the engine and gained clearance, but I did not need to do that.
Attached Thumbnails oil pressure sending unit-oil-sender-bypass-001.jpg  
Old 09-15-2006, 05:15 PM
Staging Lane

thanks for the quick reply,
i dont know if the stock sensor location will work because of the close clearance to the firewall.
hopefully ill have pics up in the next few days as it should be running by then....
Old 09-15-2006, 08:45 PM
Staging Lane

I used the stock local as well mine is alot tighter than pats I used a 45 works great
Old 09-15-2006, 10:45 PM
Staging Lane

The hole in the back of he block is 16 by 1.5 metric. I'm currently trying to find a crimp on fitting so I can run a stainless steel hose from it to the fire wall and mount mine there, along with the fuel pressure sender.

mike

Quick Reply: oil pressure sending unit