Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stock Fuel Rail Question

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2006, 12:33 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Stock Fuel Rail Question

I am doing a conversion and want to use the stock fuel rails. I am going to make it a return style system. I have a TANKS in tank pump set up and and an aeromotive return style regulator. I would prefer just to put fittings on the ends of the stock rails.( the Russell ones) My question is, is there a prefered way of getting the caps off the end of the rails? What about the vaccum inlet on the side? Would it be better just to block that off? I looked at one of the systems in the FAQ system and it looks as if the vaccum port is being used as a fuel inlet. Or am I just seeing that wrong? Thanks for any help you can give me.
Old 09-19-2006, 07:14 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You are very confused. The so called vaccum port you are referring to is the fuel inlet. The russell fitting clips directly onto that line. Then that line would run to the output on the pressure regulator.
Old 09-19-2006, 07:45 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, for unconfusing me. I got this motor as a pull out never saw it in the car, and with the threaded fitting on the front I assumed that the fuel came in there. Thanks for the help.
Old 09-19-2006, 08:54 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No problem. It all comes w/ time and lots of reading. That is just a test port to check fuel pressure or run a pressure gauge from.