Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oil Pressure sender/switch?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2006, 01:02 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Oil Pressure sender/switch?

Well since all this oil pressure talk is going on I have a question. I know that the factory oil pressure sender is not necessay, because the PCM doesn't do any thing with it.

I don't remember off the top of my head if the PCM even inputs this.

Will HpTuners/EFILive display the values that it is reading?

I broke it off on my motor the other day and I am debating on getting another one if there is no use.
Old 10-26-2006, 03:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I am not using it to feed anything. I didn't seen anything in GM LS1 guide, so I used a broken one for my Oil Pressure gauge, just drilled and tap it for the sender and did away with the wire.
Old 10-27-2006, 09:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Camaro PCM does not read oil pressure but the Corvette and GTO do. I'm not sure whether someone could modify the operating system to be able to read it on an F-body PCM. I guess that would be a question for the HPTuners or EFILive guys.

If you really don't care to log the pressure and just want a gauge, you can put a mechanical or electric sender in the motor and just run it to an Autometer gauge. I put mine in the port by the oil filter and plugged the hole in the back of the block.
Old 10-27-2006, 12:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the camaro PCM. This is what I did. I switched to the corvette unit (edit: i mean I changed to the 3 wire small oil pressure sender from the vette). I used the A/C pressure sensor wire to hook up (connector is the same). then I used the PID for A/C pressure to read oil pressure. Works like a charm.

I don't have any gauges, so HPTuners through an 8" touchscreen contains all my "gauges"
Old 10-27-2006, 01:21 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats what I wanted to hear. Thanks. I guess I will get the vette sensor when I go to the parts store.

What pins on the PCM did you hook the sensor to?

Any pictures of the touchscreen I really want to install one as well, but it's not in the budget at the moment.

Quick Reply: Oil Pressure sender/switch?