Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

cold air for LSx in a 69

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2006 | 11:23 AM
TECH Apprentice

Default cold air for LSx in a 69

Ok what are you guys doing for cold air induction in 69 Camaro? Do I need it, got cowl hood-no flapper. Thanks
Old 12-21-2006 | 12:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

I am trying to build a cold air box to adapt to my chevelle cowl induction.. the tubing from the T/B will be routed down to a 3 1/2" Alum Tube that has been flatten to be about 2 1/2" oval. It will be routed to a round base and utilizing a 14" round K&N air cleaner with a K&N top. It almost looks like a large round straw hat (upside down) and a smaller one to hold the air cleaner up so the oval tube can be routed through the larger one, then under and into side of the smaller one (inner one). Using some metal bracing to hold the base in place. I have moc'd up one now and going to a sheet metal or a fab shop to have to completed soon.. (by early next year?)

I think as people start walking up to the car.. they will think nothing of it as it will look like a normal Cowl Induction car until they get close enough to see below the air cleaner base.

I will post picture once I get it done and working.
Old 12-21-2006 | 02:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Excellent, let me know how it works, great idea.
Old 01-20-2007 | 10:56 AM
TECH Senior Member

Dave... I just added a post on my Cowl Induction setup..

https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversions-swaps/643850-chevelle-cowl-induction.html

Quick Reply: cold air for LSx in a 69