Sponsored by:

To vent or not to vent

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2007, 12:53 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default To vent or not to vent

Guys
I am installing a LS1 in a 68 camaro. Should I use the vent line from the gas tank and vent to the motor like the 4th gen origionally had,or do away with the line and cap it at the motor??
Thanks,David
Old 01-07-2007, 10:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i'd run a tiny filter on the fuel vent right off the gas tank, and cap it at the motor. I dont even know where the motor got that line in the first place.
Old 01-08-2007, 03:20 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by chickenman97
Guys
I am installing a LS1 in a 68 camaro. Should I use the vent line from the gas tank and vent to the motor like the 4th gen origionally had,or do away with the line and cap it at the motor??
Thanks,David
I will assume that you have the (option of having a) vent line comming off of your 1968 fuel sending unit ,hence, a dual line sending unit. Either way... there is no need to run it all the way to the motor like the 4th gen.
Old 01-08-2007, 06:46 PM
TECH Resident

The '68 uses a vented gas cap. The simplest thing to do is cap off the new vent tube at the tank. If you decide to run the modern evap system with a charcoal canister and a vacuum line going to the engine, you'll need to plug the vent in the gas cap (otherwise you are creating a massive vacuum leak).

Quick Reply: To vent or not to vent