Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

question for ls1 carb guys!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 12:52 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question question for ls1 carb guys!!

my dad just got a G.M. LS1 crate motor with nothing on it. He is going to use the Edelbrock manifold and computer for a carb. Does he need the following parts?
coil harnesses(allready have coils)
knock sensor harness
coolent bypass tubes
and is there anything im missing?
Old 01-10-2007, 01:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TRANSAM75
my dad just got a G.M. LS1 crate motor with nothing on it. He is going to use the Edelbrock manifold and computer for a carb. Does he need the following parts?
coil harnesses(allready have coils)
knock sensor harness
coolent bypass tubes
and is there anything im missing?
I would go with the manifold seperate and purchase the msd 6010 box. The reason for this is the pro data software that comes with the 6010 box versus the msd box that comes with the package. Ity is actually a little cheaper for some reason going seperate. The MSD 6010 comes with the harness that goes to the coild, cam, crank and map sensor. You do not need knock sensors if going with a carb setup. You will need cross over tubes which I plugged the single front one. Hope this helps.. Good luck!
Old 01-10-2007, 06:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Vcious04
I would go with the manifold seperate and purchase the msd 6010 box. The reason for this is the pro data software that comes with the 6010 box versus the msd box that comes with the package. Ity is actually a little cheaper for some reason going seperate. The MSD 6010 comes with the harness that goes to the coild, cam, crank and map sensor. You do not need knock sensors if going with a carb setup. You will need cross over tubes which I plugged the single front one. Hope this helps.. Good luck!

Ya i cant understand why it is cheaper to buy it seperate. I got my controller on ebay, and intake from summit.

Quick Reply: question for ls1 carb guys!!