Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

350 turbo help

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2007, 03:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 350 turbo help

I just put the pinion spacer in and when i tighten the trans down i cant even turn the engine over and i cant move converter, if i move the trans back just a little it will work, do i need a spacer or something to pull the trans away from engine just a little?
Old 01-12-2007, 04:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Darracq
I just put the pinion spacer in and when i tighten the trans down i cant even turn the engine over and i cant move converter, if i move the trans back just a little it will work, do i need a spacer or something to pull the trans away from engine just a little?
What flexplate are you using?
Old 01-12-2007, 05:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

stock 2000 model i just put new holes in it.
Old 01-12-2007, 05:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Darracq
stock 2000 model i just put new holes in it.
I might be wrong, but I think you have to have the hughes flexplate for ls1 applications and I know you have to have the adapter sleeve that goes in the back of the crank for a th350/400 converter.

Also, make sure your converter is all the way in against the pump of the trans. Your should have felt the converter mate in the trans 2 times as you turn it while pressing in on the converter.
Old 01-12-2007, 07:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Vcious04
I might be wrong, but I think you have to have the hughes flexplate for ls1 applications and I know you have to have the adapter sleeve that goes in the back of the crank for a th350/400 converter.

Also, make sure your converter is all the way in against the pump of the trans. Your should have felt the converter mate in the trans 2 times as you turn it while pressing in on the converter.

I felt 2 notches but hughes said i should feel 3, i can get a finger behind the converter so i dont know if its all the way in but i cant seem to get the 3rd notch no matter how hard i try lol. I used the gm spacer.

Quick Reply: 350 turbo help