Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

T56 slave problem?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2007, 02:47 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default T56 slave problem?

I noticed a little brake fluid dripping out of the bell housing on my '98 Ls1 after pulling into the garage Tue. I backed it out and let it set. It isn't leaking sitting idle. This is an aftermarket slave (a LUK from Autozone) that I put about 9 months ago. I noticed that the master cylinder push rod had backed out about 1/2 an inch and the clutch was engaging with the clutch pedal almost al the way out. Does anyone know FOR A FACT that over extending the slave internals can cause it to fail? I've heard opinions on this. Advice anyone????
Old 05-02-2007, 01:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you know, i was actually curious to hear an answer on this one and forgot about it till i was searching for information on how to remove my slave cyl w/o dropping my tranny.
Old 05-02-2007, 07:11 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey shifty. Teres no way. The input shaft pokes into the flywheel/clutch. The slave cylinder is a wierd looking piece if I do say so myself. It actually slips around the input shaft. I've been reading your thread on the hole deal and am try'n to get the quick conector off and just screw a hose into the slave cylinder. The problem is the slave cylinder has one of them role pin/o-rings like the master cylinder. let me know what you decide on yours.
Old 05-02-2007, 08:09 PM
cam
TECH Junkie

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Providing you have an LS1 style master cyl it should stroke 7/8"min to 15/16"max any more than that and you will barf out your slave.

Easy way to check is there will be a line of dirt on the master cyl rod where it stops travelling. Measure the distance from said line to the bottom of the seal and you'll know for sure. If no line just measure the distance of throw