Sponsored by:

Updates on my LS1 Fox

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 10:19 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Updates on my LS1 Fox

Hey everyone, thought I'd take a moment to post a few updates of my '86 coupe:

I picked up a set of Pacesetter LS1 "race" LT's for an f-body and turned them over to a local fabricator. He made them fit great and the tubes are all equal-length now as well.

Passenger side:

Driver side:

Underneath:

Also a good look at how we set up the crossmember for the T56. That's the SN95 brackets and crossmember, cut and welded in to accomodate my subframe connectors. X-pipe and mufflers are next on the plate, as well as getting my harness back in place. Then I have to install the fuel pump, bleed that T/O bearing and get my driveshaft man in gear and it's ready to roll
Old 03-07-2007, 10:27 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking good!
Old 03-07-2007, 11:24 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good to see another ls1 fox swap local to me. Who did the header work for you? Looks like you used the aje swap k-member?
Old 03-07-2007, 12:35 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

**** ya those headers are bad ***
Old 03-07-2007, 02:52 PM
9 Second Club

looks great man!
Old 03-07-2007, 02:58 PM
On The Tree

Thanks y'all!

xssive- I didn't know there were any other swaps in town, either. Awesome!

I did use the AJE k-member (sbc swap)...I wouldn't recommend it over the 4.6 swap piece because it costs more and there is no clearance for the pan as-is, it rested on the steering rack (flaming river, at that) and the k-member. Got no real support from AJE as to what to do to fix it (in fact they ignored my last several emails ) so I used 3/16" spacers between the block itself and the motor mount brackets. It seems to have made enough room, although if the motor rocks due to a broken mount it till likely rub the rack. I will try to use the offset rack bushings (inverted) to lower the rack, but I don't know if the AJE k-member will allow for the rack to move down any further...it's a tight fit already. As long as the mounts hold up, the motor shouldn't move at all so I hope to be ok. It might rattle my teeth a bit, but I've had worse

And the headers were modified (although "completely retooled" might be a better term) by Chris Olney, he works out of the Motion Dynamics shop in Pflugerville. They primarily work on Mustangs and other Fords, but like me they just like fast cars so he was happy to tackle it. I can't wait to get them coated!
Old 03-07-2007, 04:56 PM
9 Second Club

the builder of my car used a PA sbc swap k-member and he had the same problem. he ended up resolving it by having that part of the oil pan cut and welded to make it a little bit shallower. just another option for you to consider. please keep us posted as progress continues, love seeing these conversions!!!

Quick Reply: Updates on my LS1 Fox