Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CAS plug location?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2007, 06:10 PM
On The Tree

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Default CA> plug location?

Long story here... but upon swapping engines from my wrecked rx7 to my new rx7, the CAM plug got left on the engine.

I was cleaning up the wiring harness via black tape before it went into the new car. I didnt cut any wires out of the harness, but at some point I remember seeing a couple of wires and stuffing them into the loom and taping it up to help clean up the harness in the engine bay. After I got the big connectors back into the interior and had the engine harness layed out I noticed the CAM plug was still on the engine. I can now not find the wires for the CAM plug so I can put the connector back on. Can anyone tell me what part of the harness I should be looking at?

Thanks for any help.

Last edited by crash41301; 03-11-2007 at 06:28 PM.
Old 03-11-2007, 07:26 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Look at the part of the harness that goes around the rear of the intake manifold (if LS1 based engine). If LS2 based engine look around the wires that drop down the passenger's side on the front of the motor (the ones that head to the starter and crank sensor). On my harness (LS1 based) the cam sensor wires start at the pcm (on pass side) and travel around the back. Hope it helps and good luck.
Old 03-12-2007, 04:34 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 1badjimmy
Look at the part of the harness that goes around the rear of the intake manifold (if LS1 based engine). If LS2 based engine look around the wires that drop down the passenger's side on the front of the motor (the ones that head to the starter and crank sensor). On my harness (LS1 based) the cam sensor wires start at the pcm (on pass side) and travel around the back. Hope it helps and good luck.

It is LS1 based.

If you could, can you tell me which "collection" of plugs the wires would be in? Would the plug normally be in the bunch that has the MAP sensor connector in it? (this is where I'd logically think, but I couldnt find it when I took the loom off of this section) I also looked around in the collection that has the passenger front O2 sensor connector and couldnt find it.

Appreciate any help...
Old 03-13-2007, 03:01 PM
On The Tree

Come on guys... I REALLY dont want to have to rip all the loom off of my harness and rebuild it trying to find two wires

Does anyone at least have a picture of a stock harness sitting around I could look at?

Quick Reply: CAS plug location?