Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

egr delete or no??

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2007, 07:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question egr delete or no??

Ok,I know it was posted somewhere befor on here.But Im doing a ls1-t56 swap in a s10 and there seems to be some mixed emotions about the EGR.Should it be deleted from the computer or not?I know is affects the idol,gas milage and a bunch of other stuff.So just seeing what everyone else says or have done....
Old 03-24-2007, 10:38 PM
sawzall wielding director

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I have my EGR valve still mounted and plugged in, but the code is deleted in the computer. I was told that the EGR valve can still function like this, it just cannot trip a code if something goes wrong. I originally left it in place because I wanted it to keep the emissions levels low, and I thought that it was supposed to increase fuel mileage, but I have since heard that it decreases mileage. I don`t know which is actually true, but in a week or two I plan on unplugging it and seeing if I can even find a difference in my fuel mileage.
Old 03-24-2007, 10:44 PM
11 Second Club

I've deleted it on my LS1 in my 69 GM and on my Dads 5.3L 67 GM. They both idle and run perfect. I plugged the holes with one of those rubber frost plugs, and I tune it out with HPTuners.
Old 03-25-2007, 11:15 AM
TECH Apprentice

ok sounds good.I guess ill delete it on mine then.G-Body,if you get a chance and remember,post up if you notice any difference.Does the idol come back down normally or does it hang around for a little bit when you guys rev it up?Thanks...
Old 03-26-2007, 08:35 AM
sawzall wielding director

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

My idle comes back down nice and smooth.

Quick Reply: egr delete or no??