Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

fuel line

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2007, 08:23 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fuel line

I am puting 5.3 in a 36 pontiac. What is the best fuel line to use? And what do you do to connect to the manifold?
Old 03-24-2007, 09:26 PM
sawzall wielding director

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

There are a bunch of different things to use for fuel line. Some people will run AN fittings and braided line all the way from the tank to the rail. Another way is to bend steel line and then use short sections of braided line to connect the hardline to the fuel tank and fuel rail. I used steel hardline to span most of the distance and then used GM flexible plastic hose to connect to the tank and rail. There are also some people who have bought long sections of the flexible plastic line like GM and ford use and used that to span the entire distance between the tank and the fuel rail.
Old 03-25-2007, 12:19 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep, everyone does it their own way. My preference is stainless hard lines, Swagelock compression fittings on the hardlines, and Aeroquip socketless hose and fittings. If you can get a pre-made stainless line for your car (or you can run run without too many bends), this way is really simple, easy, and very safe and reliable.

I'm using a Russell quick-connect to AN adapter at the fuel rail, and I just noticed the other day that friggin thing is leaking. Not like a squirt or even a noticeable drip, just grimy residue that smells like gas. I need to pull it off and see if the O-ring is gouged or what... I may just toss it and swag a Swagelok fitting onto the rail. I need to crawl under the back and check my FPR too--I used the same Russell adapters on the tank side of it.

Quick Reply: fuel line