Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

evaporator module

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 03:17 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default evaporator module

my 6.0L lq4 did not come from the wrecker without an air pump from the fuel tank to theair intake. I think it is called the evaporative module. The engine came out of a 2004 K2500HD. I am putting it in a 1990 truck with 1990 emissions standards. Are there any drawbacks in power, mpg, or other running problems if I don't find this part and hook it up?

Thanks
Old 04-13-2007, 01:11 AM
sawzall wielding director

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I am not quite sure if you are talking about the AIR injection pump to inject air into the exhaust, or the EVAP solenoid on the intake manifold to vent the fuel tank. There should not be any drawbacks to power, MPG, or driveability if you don`t hook either or both of those parts up. You will have to delete the codes for them from the computer so that it doesn`t set a check engine light.
Old 04-13-2007, 09:25 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Are you concern with your State Smog laws and having to deal with the testing ?... In General a draw back would be that you need to bring your 1990 truck up to the same standard (and smog related parts) as the 2004 smog standard...that being equipement. So.. what state are you in and what is your intention on the Smog ?

But it is a good swap from your 90' truck, you will get better power, tq and mileage.