Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Understanding TQ Management?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 11:45 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Understanding TQ Management?

I have a 6.0 lq4 that I have instructed my programmer to pull out the TQ management. He is already getting rid of the emmissions systems as well. I just want to make sure I understand what I am doing. If I understand this....the TQ management system prevents wide open throttle at times to prevent tranny damage. So if this is right removing TQ management doesn't improve HP ratings or TQ ratings it simply lets you utilize all the available power.

Do I have this right?

Did I make the right decision here?... My Tranny is the 4l80e and the truck is pretty light (Fiberglass body) but I am running 38 inch tires.

Thanks
Old 04-17-2007, 12:52 PM
sawzall wielding director

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Torque management prevents the motor from developing full power in order to extend driveline (mostly transmission) life. As the transmission goes to shift into the next gear the PCM pulls timing out of the motor so that it makes less power and puts less stress on the trans. Removing TQ management will not improve your HP or TQ ratings, it just stops the computer from turning them artificially low.

Removing the TQ management might shorten trans life, but most people do not seem to have problems. I had all of my torque management deleted. The only time you should really have it is if you are going to tow with the truck. My tow/haul mode still has the TQ management enabled.

Quick Reply: Understanding TQ Management?