Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Driveshaft Question

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 09:10 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driveshaft Question

Alright I have a 67 RS/SS camaro that i am putting my 383 LS1 in and T56 transmission and i am getting close to being done and I was wondering about the driveshaft and how long it needs to be. I have the ATS motor mounts and the factory 12 bolt that came in the car. Is there a length that I can just tell the people that are going to make my driveshaft or do i need to take the car to them to let them measure it and everything
Old 05-08-2007, 09:34 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Your best bet it to really measure it yourself, else any difference in your installation could make a difference of a inch or so..

Get the car on the ground (would be good if it was at your ride weight and/or at lease with the suspension at ride height) and then insert the yoke into the in trans. Next put it out about 1 inch and then measure from center to center of the U-joints. That should be enought information for your driveshaft shop to build or modify a shaft for you.

If you search on the internet..(yahoo or google) you will find information on this as well as sites for drive line/shaft vendors that well make you what you need. But check the sponsers of this forum 1st.
Old 05-08-2007, 11:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This should help you out. If you need any assitance give them a call, very nice and helpful people:

http://www.dennysdriveshaft.com/html...o_measure.html