Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

electronic throttle quit working

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2007, 08:00 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default electronic throttle quit working

My install of an 06 5.3 in my Malibu was working great but I need to make a kick down lever for my 700r4.I removed the throttle body and took of the plastic cover to extend the throttle plat rod and drilled a half inch hole to let the rod extend to the outside.Replaced the cover and installed the throttle body and plug it back in.Now the etc won't work.When I turn on the ignition I can hear the etc click like before but the peddle doesn't work.I checked all my fuses.There was nothing where I drilled the hole.Is it coincidince or is there some about the etc I need to know?
Old 05-27-2007, 04:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Had the same problem. Throttle body went dead. Got one from the auto wreckers and it worked perfect. Replace your TB.

Just to confirm with you... My clicked when I turned the key, you could see the throttle blade twitch, press my pedal and got nothing. It would idle all day but no revs.
Old 05-27-2007, 05:58 PM
Teching In

That's just what's hapnin'.I wonder if taking it apart screwed it up?
Old 05-27-2007, 10:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

couldn't tell you... I did take apart my old one though lol just for ***** and giggles.

I'd just source one from the wreckers dude. I'm almost 100% sure it will fix your problem. I guess your next question is... How do you fab a kick down lol. Or maybe it was just the luck of the draw and you can do what you did, but your TB just **** the bed this time.
Old 05-28-2007, 05:52 AM
Teching In

I think yur right.I'll find out first thing Tues. morning.I sure would like to find someone who could find out what was wrong with this one so I could use it.There's nothing inside to break but gears.The motor still works .It's got to be in that plastic cover where the connector is.I'll let you know. thanks

Quick Reply: electronic throttle quit working