Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ls2 vacuum informated needed

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2007, 01:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ls2 vacuum informated needed

I'm planning on doing a supercharged LS2 swap into a 1982 corvette. What I'm needing to know is the windshield wipers , brakes , and headlight actuators all run off vacuum. Is there any place on the LS2 engines to run a vacuum source off of instead of the intake since under boost the lines will no longer see vacuum but positive pressure. The brake booster i may be able to use from the gto or newer corvette but the windshield wipers and headlights wanting to stay origional. Any help would be appreciated , Thanks.
Old 06-02-2007, 09:00 AM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nope, the entire engine will be under positive pressure except for the the oil pan. You can put in an electric vaccuum pump to run the headlights and the like, but I would go to a hydraboost brake unit for the power brakes. It runs off of the pressure from the power steering pump, and gives incredible brake pressures! I used one on my 65 Corvette with a LS2, and they work really well. Not the cheapest brake setup out there, but it sure works good.

http://www.hydratechbraking.com/

Regards, John McGraw
Old 06-02-2007, 06:39 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You don't say what kind of blower. If it's a Magnacharger or something else that sucks through the throttle body, you'd source vacuum between the supercharger and throttle body. There will never be positive pressure there.

If it's a Vortech or something else that blows through the throttle body, you're source vacuum from the manifold to feed a vacuum reservoir with a check valve, and then connect all your vacuum accessories to the other side of the reservoir. Even with the Vortech, you only have have positive pressure in the manifold when you get into the throttle and at higher rpms. In fact, most people run a bypass valve around the blower to prevent making any boost until you are hard into the throttle--improves both driveability and economy. Try with just the reservoir first, and if it's not adequate for your needs, you can get an electric vacuum pump for $300 from SSBC.

Quick Reply: Ls2 vacuum informated needed