Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A/C Question for an S10

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2007, 12:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im all eyes and ears on this J!!!!!!!!!!!!!let us know what happens.....
Old 06-11-2007, 01:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

OK so now for the one last big Question....

I have swapped a 1999 Camaro LS1 into a 1994 2.2l S10 Xcab. I have the computer set up to run the A/C. I have the LS1 3wire A/C pressure sensor in the high pressure liquid line, but thats where the confusion begins. I am not using the stock compressor...I am using a Sanden 508...So I need to put a cycling switch in. I can use a low pressure cycling switch from a 4.3l S10 on the accumulator no problem...but the Question I have is what wire do I hook it to. I am between the A/C request wire...so it would cycle and the PCM would act like I am inside turning the A/C on and off...or the A/C clutch relay control wire. Then the PCM would see the request as always being there and could monitor it through the A/C Clutch status wire. This way the fans wont turn on and off with the cycle. Is this possible. I am just worrying about the A/C request wire if I put the cycling switch in there...it would kick fans and everything off as it cycled. I would like to be able to just put it in the relay control wire that way ONLY the compressor cycles and the PCM sees that the clutch is on and off with the staus wire but keeps fans and such running as it cycles. Or does that confuse the PCM cause it isnt supposed to see a cycle due to from factory is has variable displacement compressor with no cycle.
Old 06-11-2007, 11:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Man, your giving me a headache. LOL. Thats what you get for going away from the stock compressor. No ideas though for a Sanden.
Old 06-11-2007, 11:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

Went to the Docs Blocks factory today to get my compressor suction and discharge hoses made. They are about 45 miles away. Had to go to their sales office which is right down the road from where I live for them to write up the quote and order afterword.
Old 06-12-2007, 12:23 AM
TECH Apprentice

Went to the Docs Blocks factory today to get my compressor suction and discharge hoses made. They are about 45 miles away. Had to go to their sales office which is right down the road from where I live for them to write up the quote and order afterword.
Old 06-12-2007, 10:33 AM
TECH Apprentice

Well I am pretty good at figuring things out...so i dont ask too many questions...but this one has me stumped. So yeah it might give some people headaches So...does anyone have any ideas at all. I tried to contact Jared at CP...but nobody answered...and i sent him an email last week....and again no answer. I am sure they are busy. Just hope someone can help me cause I am down to this last question before finalizing this. Im begging please help
Old 06-12-2007, 12:08 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You could just use the cycling switch on the ground side of the compressor relay, so you have the A/C on, the PCM sees your request from the switch, it powers up the compressor relay, when your cycling switch feels the need to cycle off the compressor it opens the ground side of the compressor relay thus shutting off the compressor without removing the A/C request signal. Confused??
Old 06-12-2007, 01:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Awesome that is just what I wanted to hear. thanks so much for that. I guess I was just making it more confusing than it really needed to be. But just wanted to make FULL sure I wasnt going to screw anything up. Agian thanks so much.
Old 06-12-2007, 01:18 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

This will work fine. THe only thing you may notice is an elevated idle condition with the compressor cycled off. But theoretically unless it is cold outside the chances of it cycling off at idle at least here in texas are slim to none.
Old 06-12-2007, 10:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The thread pitch on the hose might be different when trying to put a 96 a/c line onto a 98-up model
Old 06-13-2007, 08:13 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Nope all 134 gm fittings as long as they are the correct diameter have the same size of thread and pitch. It's the one thing that has stayed the same from 1994 up unless you have one that has the peanut block fittings

Quick Reply: A/C Question for an S10