Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Transmission position indicator?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 10:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmission position indicator?

I have a 96 S10 Blazer with 2005 5.3/ 4l60e. I'm using stock harness with underhood fuse box. I've got power to the transmission, it shifts and locks up and all, no problems. But I can't figure out why the position inicator won't light on the instrument cluster. I had it out already and can't seam to find any bulbs blown. All other lights work after replacing high beam light. Any body have any ideas how to get this light working. Getting tired of counting clicks everytime. Thanks.

Old 06-08-2007, 12:42 AM
TECH Apprentice

Anyone, anyone. Ferris?
Old 06-08-2007, 06:53 AM
TECH Apprentice

You also might want to check the contacts on the plug for the dash cluster itself. they are rpone to wear and sometimes gum up with dirt and make the contact crappy. It can also be that the circuit board or where the light plubs in could have went bad too...I had this issue with my 94 and ran an ohm meter over it set to trace and made sure all the contacts closed and also helped me understand what all the wires were on the IP Plug. Hope you figure it out.
Old 06-09-2007, 12:47 AM
TECH Apprentice

Yeh, I did all that. the cluster doesn't have a normal connector. Its part of the flexible circuit board on the back of the cluster. It plugs in automatically when you put the cluster back in. There doesn't appear to be any light bulb for the shift indicator, least not that I could see. All the visible bulbs checked out good except High beam indicator, which I changed out. I'm wondering where it gets it's light from.
Old 06-09-2007, 06:43 PM
Teching In

are you using the 4.3 trans or the ls1 trans. I have a similar swap, 1996 2 door blazer with a LS1. The 4.3 trans had that massive switch mounted on the selector shaft and the LS1 did not. I could not find any outputs on the LS1 computer for the the indicators in the dash. I just used a 1999 camaro console and shifter and it worked out great.
Old 06-09-2007, 09:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

I'd like to keep the column shifter. I use the space in the console for my mobile radios. I'm wondering how the indicator lights up since I couldn't see any lights or leds in that area. Thanks though for the suggestion. Jim

Quick Reply: Transmission position indicator?