Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust Manifolds/Headers for tight swap?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2007, 01:44 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Exhaust Manifolds/Headers for tight swap?

Hey folks... I've ran into a slight issue with my LM7 to Jeep Wrangler engine swap. I'm building this Jeep with all new parts, including a long arm suspension. I was planning on using the factory manifolds, but they dump right on top of the aftermarket upper control arm mount/arm.-

If I were running stock suspension, it would be fine. Is there a factory manifold that dumps between the last 2 cyls on the block? Center dump won't work due to the motor mount. I have been checking out Sanderson's LS1 headers, they look good... pricey... I *think* that they'll clear the motor mount. Any suggestions?

Old 09-13-2007, 03:00 PM
Teching In

Well, I just ordered a set of block hugger headers from Sanderson. They are make for Jeep/LS engine swaps, the guy said the collectors are less than 3" away from the block, which should leave me with plenty of room for the UCA. Cost was $285 for uncoated... not bad.
Old 09-13-2007, 03:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

I would check out the Hedman shorty or block hugger headers. They work on my Chevy II, and it is really tight, and are very reasonable ($254?) from Summit.
Old 09-13-2007, 03:54 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Novas Forever
I would check out the Hedman shorty or block hugger headers. They work on my Chevy II, and it is really tight, and are very reasonable ($254?) from Summit.
I appreciate the info, hopefully the Sanderson headers will solve the problem.
Old 09-13-2007, 03:58 PM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

LS2 GTO:

LS2 Corvette:

Old 09-13-2007, 03:59 PM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

LS2 GTO Drivers:

LS2 GTO Pass

LS2 Corvette:

Old 09-13-2007, 05:09 PM
Teching In

Excellent collection of pics, thanks Phil! I searched the forum & didn't see them all together like that. Those LS2 Corvette manifolds look like they could work, I think I'll be better off with the swap headers from Sanderson though, I'd imagine they're closer to the block vs. any of the factory options.
Old 09-14-2007, 09:44 AM
Launching!

We used a Sanderson CC1-LS1 and a Sanderson LS-150 header (s) on our swap of an LS1 into an '86 BMW E30 (325). They are really tight up to the block and short enough to allow for a bend past the steering intermediate shaft. Sanderson sent us both sets of headers, charged us for just one and told us we "could use either or mix and match", just send back what we didn't use. Great guys!! So we put the LS-150 on the RH side, which clears the starter nicely. Then we used the CC1-LS1 on the LH side.

See
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2DbI3m6vs4Q
for our stuff of the engine into the car -- note how tight the fit into the engine bay is!!
Old 09-14-2007, 11:34 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A bit like the ''97 sheet metal Vette manifolds I used.
Attached Thumbnails Exhaust Manifolds/Headers for tight swap?-reng3_edited-small-.jpg  

Quick Reply: Exhaust Manifolds/Headers for tight swap?