Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ls 94> s10 air intake setups

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 12:10 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts

Default Ls 94> s10 air intake setup need pics.

If any one you have some good pictures of your setup with vet accessories I would love to see them. Started putting the front together tonight and it is like trying to stuff 20 lbs of **** into a 4lb box. I'm still scratching my head over the power steering resevoir. It's hard to get it above the pump yet somewhere where the supply hose to it will not have to loop up higher than the resevoir. It looks like a cobrahead may fit the bill but not quite sure. I got my flexalites in and it cleared up a bunch of room over the caravan fans. The upper hose also looks to be a chore. Thanks

Last edited by 01WS6/tamu; 09-21-2007 at 12:41 AM.
Old 09-21-2007, 06:40 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know just how you feel. Mine is TIGHT. And forget about getting any kind of cold...even COOL air intake temps. When cruising I can get about 125 or so...but if I do city stop n go...I have seen it up as high as 175. Upper Hose...here is what I did and it works great for me.

As for the intake....this is the best pic I have of mine. I was thinking os switching to the cobra head also...But for now I got a 4 to 3.5 90* to the MAF then a 3.5 aluminum pipe kinda made oval to fit between the A/C compressor and the radiator, to a K&N Filter.

Hope all this helps. ALSO, I had to lean the top of the radiator as far forward as I could. I beat the area for the side tanks so that the upper aluminum part of the radiator touches the front core support. It gained me about 1/4 to a 1/2" more. If you need any more just let me know.
Old 09-21-2007, 02:59 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts

Thanks thats just what I needed to see.

Quick Reply: Ls 94> s10 air intake setups