Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ls1 block dimensions

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 11:48 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ls1 block dimensions

hey Ive searched and search but cannot find the dimensions for a fully dressed ls1. Im planning on dropping it into my 1970 MGB-GT. It has a bored and stroked 215, th350 and a narrowed 9 in. The car is being pulled apart for full restoration and some new technology under the hood. Im most likely gonna run a 6.0 truck block pretty much because one of my good friends also owns a gm truck only dismantling yard so I can get my hands on one for a song (well and a few beers). I want to get a 4l60e in behind that. My question though is front to back length from the front of the water pump to the mating flange at the bellhousing, the width at the back of the valve covers and the height with a car manifold in place of the truck manifold. Ive found dimensions on a few sites but they are conflicting (one site said the block was 20" long and another said 28") . SO if anyone has a link to somewhere with verified dimensions id be very greatful. I pretty sure ill have quite a bit of room comparitively to a SBC but i just wanna know how that compares to the motor in there now. Ill be sure to document it for everyone cause i havent seen an LSx in an MG yet so I may be unique. Im exited though to think that Ill have a 2300-2400 lbs car with 400hp, OD trans and have it run like a stocker and rip my face off with the acceleration Thanks
Old 09-24-2007, 01:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I usually use this for reference.. http://paceperformance.com/index.asp...=Custom&ID=586
Old 09-24-2007, 01:57 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The LS1 is just over 20.00" wide across the heads, without headers.

Quick Reply: ls1 block dimensions