Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Solved my exhaust manifold problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2007, 12:15 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Solved my exhaust manifold problem

I am installing a 5.3 into a 1947 chevy car. The main problem was the exhaust system. With a little help from a friend, he suggested to redrill the flange to the older 350 downpipe. I now have enough clearance to install the exhaust system. Now off the get them ceramic coated.
Attached Thumbnails Solved my exhaust manifold problem-fleetmaster-exhaust-004.jpg   Solved my exhaust manifold problem-fleetmaster-exhaust-001.jpg  
Old 10-27-2007, 05:59 PM
TECH Resident

good job. a little el bow grease never hurt anyone.
Old 10-27-2007, 08:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by popeye
I am installing a 5.3 into a 1947 chevy car. The main problem was the exhaust system. With a little help from a friend, he suggested to redrill the flange to the older 350 downpipe. I now have enough clearance to install the exhaust system. Now off the get them ceramic coated.
Those look like truck manifolds, find some F-body exhaust manifolds they will tuck tighter to the block and you will have plenty of room and not be so close to the frame!
Old 10-27-2007, 11:26 PM
Staging Lane

Yes they are truck manifolds. I tried the f-body manifolds. There is a steering shaft that has to go in the space also, it will go between the block and manifold. With the f-body, gto, and vette manifolds I had no room for the steering shaft. I am going to get the manifolds coated to keep the temps down for my steering joints and shaft.

Kevin

Quick Reply: Solved my exhaust manifold problem