Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

no spark please read

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2008 | 03:33 PM
Staging Lane

Check where you are getting power from. I had my computer wired to ACC power so when you check with a voltmeter it shows that you have voltage and you can hear the fuel pump running. But when you turn the key the computer is no longer getting voltage thus no voltage in the coil packs. Make sure your getting ignition power. I think this is a new sticky topic. Good luck.
Old 02-19-2008 | 04:14 PM
On The Tree

Im going to try to power the computer off something else.

Is the grounds beinig on the alumium intake ok?
Old 02-19-2008 | 05:54 PM
On The Tree

Thanks guys! i Got spark now. I had the power wire to the comp wired to a wire that didint have 12v during cranking. Put it on 1 that does and now we got spark. I tryed to fire her up and it wont fire but it might be fuel pressure. I ordered a gauge.
Old 02-19-2008 | 06:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 350SS
Is your +12v source for the coils and injectors hot in run and start?
you like apples...howdya like them apples
Old 02-19-2008 | 11:06 PM
sawzall wielding director
20 Year Member

Does the fuel pump run for 2 seconds when you turn the key on? If you turn the key on and wait for the pump to build pressure a couple times and then depress the schrader valve on the fuel rail it should spray fuel like a fountain...not that that should ever be substituted for an actual fuel pressure gauge. Cause that would be a fire hazard and I never would have done something like that

The LSx`s will acutally run on suprisingly low fuel pressure. I had the 3" piece of hose that connects the fuel pump to the sending unit in the tank split on me....and I drove the car home. I put the fuel pressure gauge on it and it only had 15psi, it idled ok, but you couldn`t give it much gas, I`m guessing the injectors were probably very close to their max pulse width just to keep it idling.
Old 02-20-2008 | 01:02 AM
TECH Apprentice

Mine idled at like 5 miles per hour for half a mile till I got to a gas station coming from New Orleans to Kenner. Came to a red light and had to sit there idling, then a cop pulls up, it turns green and all I can do is 5 miles per hour through the intersection to the u-turn around and back to the only open gas station at 3 in the morning. I was just waiting for his lights to come on. LOL. I think it was running on fumes that weren't making the u turn in my recirc line back to the fuel tank. Thats low pressure.
Old 02-20-2008 | 02:18 AM
On The Tree

hmm, well i must of had atleast 15 psi so it should of ran. I wonder what it is now? We got fuel. We got spark, motor was just rebuilt(has comp).............?

Quick Reply: no spark please read