Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any msd pro data+ users around?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 11:42 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this is in a 900kg kit car with 5 speed manual box and a quaife lsd, with 335-30-18 sticky compound tyres so i'm hoping its not going to struggle to get the power down! :-)
Old 03-18-2008, 04:45 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Well with a MAP sensor you can run 40+ degrees of timing at part throttle like say you are cruising on the highway since you won't get as much ping at part throttle. It will gain you better fuel ecconomy and cleaner emmissions. I would definately run one if it's going to be driven on the street for any length of time. Your car does not sound like one that will be though so i'm not sure you will need it.
Old 03-18-2008, 05:32 PM
TECH Regular

no its not street driven but it will help keep it clean and idling nicely i guess. i'llhave to have a play and see what it likes. i've done some mapping on a apexi power fc before on a jap car using a wideband lambda, but never really played with carbs/jets before.

out of interest shawn, what fuel pressure does your carb run? i've been told my demon will need around 7psi constant, which is what its set to now. the reg was playing up before tho, sometimes at 5psi sometimes more, and the float bowl ran out of fuel then at WOT, mainly foam bubbles in the sight glass. :-(
hoping i cured that tho now!
Old 03-18-2008, 05:43 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll be running 6.5-7psi once i get it running. I have my 97gph holley mounted at the rear by the tank. 3/8" line running to the front into a regulator then a pressure gauge. So once i start it up i'm going to tune it based on what it needs. I'll have the MSD box with a MAP sensor and a wideband logging o2 sensor. I'm still waiting on my intake haha so i cant offer first hand, only what i have read and reaserched. I am still rather new to tuning the carbed setup myself but have been through 6 or so carbed vehicles.
Old 03-18-2008, 08:24 PM
On The Tree

Are any of you with a running carbed setup using a tight LSA on your cam or are you just running an off the shelf cam? The reason I ask is because I was told that the victor jr intake is a short runner intake. Being that it is a short runner intake , I was told that an off the shelf cam would not be suited to a short runner intake , since a stock LS1 intake is a long runner intake. So I was told that in order to get the best performance would come from an LSA around 6-8 . So I was just wondering how well a wider LSA cam is working with this setup. I am still waiting for my intake (eternal backorder) and have been trying to nail down what cam to run. Thanks for any input.
Old 03-18-2008, 09:14 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my engine is exactly the same as this carcraft built, id say it runs good for an off the self camshaft with 550 hp:

http://www.carcraft.com/techarticles...comp_cams.html
Old 03-18-2008, 09:51 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if it is that much of a concern wouldnt a carb spacer help with this? my cam is on a 112 lsa, but i do have a few carb spacers from 1/2"-2" to play with.
Old 03-19-2008, 05:08 AM
TECH Regular

mine is a 111Lsa cam, 220/220 deg. i've got the GM performance intake which is similar to the victor i believe. i wasted 6 or 7 months waiting on a performer intake manifold i had on order from edelbrock. i havent as yet tried a carb spacer.

Quick Reply: Any msd pro data+ users around?