Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Throttle Body Compatability - Different FBody years

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 10:10 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Throttle Body Compatability - Different FBody years

I'm looking to use a 700r4 utilizing the Bowtie Overdrives TV Made EZ Kit. I got the kit in th email and it definitely doesn't match up to the later style F-Body throttle body "cam"? Different shape really. So... What are my options here? Will the earlier f-body throttle bodies (or vette?) with the correctly shaped cam work? Will these still work with the 2001 ecm/wiring/sensors?

I'd rather buy a throttle body than a transmission at this point...

Thanks!
Old 03-31-2008, 04:18 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I believe you will have to make a bracket so the kickdown goes to the bottom side of the cam. If you don't know how, I am sure we could come up with something for it.

BTW, all C5 and newer Vettes are Drive By Wire.
Old 03-31-2008, 07:00 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Perhaps I didn't phrase it right:

I have a TV Cable kit to mount up to the cam on the throttle body. This is meant for throttle body cams shaped like the half-circle (linear throttle plate turning). I have the later throttle body with a different cam shaped like a half eclipse. Does anybody sell just the cam and shaft to swap out?
Old 03-31-2008, 07:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,468 Likes on 924 Posts

Originally Posted by 3.1EyeCandy
Perhaps I didn't phrase it right:

I have a TV Cable kit to mount up to the cam on the throttle body. This is meant for throttle body cams shaped like the half-circle (linear throttle plate turning). I have the later throttle body with a different cam shaped like a half eclipse. Does anybody sell just the cam and shaft to swap out?
I would post in the classifieds and see if anyone will swap you straight across. That will be the easiest thing. You don't want to start taking the TB apart and swapping shafts....blah...blah..blah...

Andrew

Quick Reply: Throttle Body Compatability - Different FBody years