Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First Gen Mount Kit using stock accessories

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 09:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default First Gen Mount Kit using stock accessories

I was looking at the new BRP conversion kit for a first gen. Anybody use it yet? I want to keep my stock accessories but I would prefer not to have to notch the subframe if I do not have to and I do not want to use a Sanden relocated compressor. I am leaning towards using the converted Fbody pan just due to clearance as opposed to the GM pan offered.
Old 04-21-2008, 12:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

What are you putting it into, a 69 ???

The new kits that Phil at BRP is marketing does use the LH8 pan, but is now moving the engine forward as compaired to the older kit that they used to market that move the engine as far rearward as you could and required notching the frame for the AC compressor.

You should just call Phil at BRP for any details.. He was easy to talk to and would answer my question when I was doing my swap.. he helped a lot..
Old 04-22-2008, 08:11 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bczee

now moving the engine forward as compaired to the older kit that they used to market that move the engine as far rearward as you could and required notching the frame for the AC compressor.
I think you might be a bit incorrect. The "old kit" moved the engine foward so you could use the factory accys. There is at least 4 inches between the passenger side head and the firewall (with a LS1). Just look at his motor mounts compared to a S&P type mount and you'll see what I mean.

If the new kit is moving the engine further forward, then you might want to see if he sells a kit that adds weight to the rear of the car to keep the tires on the ground.
Old 04-22-2008, 02:17 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chrisp3
I think you might be a bit incorrect. The "old kit" moved the engine foward so you could use the factory accys. There is at least 4 inches between the passenger side head and the firewall (with a LS1). Just look at his motor mounts compared to a S&P type mount and you'll see what I mean.
He could also be talking about the A-body kit instead of the F-body kit. I think BRP makes a different set of mounts for each application to get the best accessory fit.

Quick Reply: First Gen Mount Kit using stock accessories