Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Urgent Wiring Help Needed

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 02:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Urgent Wiring Help Needed

Hi,

I'm Chizel's wife, we are currently trying to finish up our swap on his 51 Monarch. We are currently trying to get the Crankshaft Relearn done on the car but it is not recognizing that the car is in park. We believe that this is because we didn't use the stock neutral safety switch located on the transmission but instead installed one on the column. Is there anyway to bypass this so that the PCM recognizes that the car is in park so that we can get the relearn done. I have done a fair bit of research on this and have found that some people say if we ground out pin#34 the orange and black wire that it will work but i have also found other information saying we shouldn't do this. Any help is greatly appreciated as we are leaving with the car on holidays this Tuesday so we are in a bit of a rush.
Old 08-08-2008, 03:59 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

What is the engine? What program are you using? Truck or Camaro?

On a camaro program, if you ground C1 34, that will tell the computer it is in park.

On the truck programs, I am not sure if that will work or not. They use a series of 4 wires to tell the computer which gear it is in.

It won't hurt anything to try though.
Old 08-08-2008, 06:50 PM

Its a 5.3 out of a 2000 truck. It has a truck program. When we got home we looked and there isn't even a wire in the #34 spot on the blue plug of our reworked harness. If we put one in there and ground it will it work? If not does anyone know how to do this we are running out of time in a hurry. Your help is greatly appreciated
Old 08-08-2008, 08:20 PM
TECH Resident

Like I said, I am not sure if it will help or not, but it's not going to hurt anything to try.
Old 08-11-2008, 02:20 PM

Kay well we tried this today and it still isn't working has anybody ever ran into this??? ANYONE??
Old 08-11-2008, 02:43 PM
TECH Resident

Just tested one I have here, you need to ground C1 34, and C1 32. That should make the computer think it is in park.
Old 08-16-2008, 12:05 AM

Thank you so much for all your help. I didn't get a chance to post a reply before we left but we are now in Idaho and the car is working great. What you posted about 32 & 34 needing to be ground was exactly right and it worked wonderfully. Thanks again for all your help.

Quick Reply: Urgent Wiring Help Needed