Help Gauges not working

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2008, 05:09 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help Gauges not working

hey guys i learned alot for my swap here and now i need help

ok swap is all done i did a 01 transam ls1 into my v6 97 camaro

ok for the wirring i used my dash harness and the 01 engine harness and spliced the two properly together now
when i have my v6 cluster in everything works but when i put in the ls1 cluster i bought only the voltgauge works the miles dont even show up
so it dont work so i was thinkin the pins need swapped in the harness and i was wondering who has done it and can give me help cause i need the 01 cluster so the rpms are right and the fuel gauge is accurate since i used the ls1 tank so please tell me how to fix my gauge cluster wirring so it will work
thanks guys i hope you all can help me out cause i dont even know where to start to find a pin out of that
Old 08-16-2008, 09:55 PM
Teching In

any one
Old 08-26-2008, 10:36 PM
Teching In

bump or how do i get my water temp on my v6 gauges to work?
Old 08-27-2008, 07:10 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your probably not getting any action on your question because it has been discussed so many, many time times here on the board... Research will answer any question you have regarding your install, as putting an LS1 in most any vehicle & hooking up the wiring is pretty much the same, no matter what car/truck its going into...with some minor exceptions. The temperature gauge(and oil pressure & fuel level) wire from the LS1 computer is basically just a old fashioned anolog type gauge wire in function, that can connect to your gauges directly. You just need to know what wire coming through your main dash(C-100) connector goes to the temperature gauge, etc. You might have made note of this when you removed the old motor. If you did'nt, you can get the function of each one of these wires, on your car, here, on-line. As far as the temperature sender itself, most of us are installing our previous engines temperature sender at the back of the passenger sides cylinder head, via a metric adapter that can be bought from S & P(Street & Performance). Hope this helps.

Quick Reply: Help Gauges not working