Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

harness/pcm compatibility question

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2008, 08:22 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default harness/pcm compatibility question

Hey all. I am working on an 83 short/wide truck for a friend and were planning on doing an lt1 swap, but recently have found a 2002 vette ls1 and 460le out of a camaro for sale. My question is this, the motor comes with a harness and pcm from a hummer. Will this combo work, and if not, what would I have to do to make it work? Is there somewhere to have the pcm reflashed to work with the vette motor? Thanks in advance.
Old 08-25-2008, 08:57 PM
Teching In

Anyone? Looking to go by the engine/tranny this week, was kind of hoping to know before I went. Thanks.
Old 08-25-2008, 11:04 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Assuming its an LQ9 6.0, the Hummer engine at a minimum uses different fuel injector connectors (adapters available). The MAF/IAT is a one piece unit on the Hummer, the LS1 will use a seperate IAT and MAF sensor. Finally the throttle body connections will be different, the Hummer will use a drive by wire throttle set up whereas the Camaro is cable drive. Your conversion can be done however, the computer will need to be flashed with a LS1 tune. You will have to convert the harness to operate the TPS, IAC, MAF and IAT as well as the injectors. If you are handy with electronics you can do it, if not you may want to have Speartech or Wait4me do it to your specs. Good luck.

Ryan

Last edited by ryanvv355; 08-25-2008 at 11:09 PM.
Old 08-26-2008, 08:51 AM
Teching In

Thank you Ryan. I appreciate the response. The ls I have is actually from a 2002 vette though, would all this still apply? Thanks.
Old 08-26-2008, 09:28 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 199 Likes on 145 Posts

I would say you could make it work that way, but you might need the TAC module and gas pedal from the Vette though. I'm not sure that Hummers use a TAC module, so wiring might be a little difficult. I would talk to someone that does programming (Speartech, Wait4me, ect) on if it would be possible to just modify the Hummer tune to run the Ls1. I'm in NO way an expert on tuning, just a thought.
Old 08-26-2008, 10:48 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok my bad I re-read it now and see you said Vette LS1 and Camaro trans, my bad. The LS1 will use a drive by wire (DBW) setup, however it is different than the Hummer so you will still be in a bind. You will need to get all the DBW stuff from the Hummer, TAC module, throttle pedal, and TB. Swap TB's and plug and play. Or, if you have the Vette DBW stuff you can have the harness converted to Vette connections. Another option, and problaby the easiest considering its going into an older truck, is to convert to a cable TB, flash your computer with an LS1 F-body tune and set the harness up for a F-body TB (add TPS and IAC) I did this in my swap.

You still have injector connection differences to deal with. As far as MAF/IAT a 02 Vette has the same MAF as the H2 so you are good to go there.

Another thing to look into is the H2 will have a 4L65E trans and the camaro is a 4L60E, I am unsure if the electrical connections are the same, you should look into that.

Last edited by ryanvv355; 08-26-2008 at 10:58 AM.

Quick Reply: harness/pcm compatibility question