Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

cruise control issues

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 03:31 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default cruise control issues

Hi guys, I have a 2000 ls1 with 6 speed n my 67 camaro. I can't get the cruise to work. Cruise module is off a 96 Blazer. I also happen to own a 96 blazer and am using it for reference as to whether my wiring is right. I have everything wired as below. I copied this from a sticky post on here.
Pin. Use

A ........ Cruise "ON/OFF" input from switch
B ........ Set/Coast input from switch
C ........ Resume/Accel input from switch
D ........ Normally Hot 12v from brake/clutch switch
E ........ Ground
F ........ Hot in run 12v
G ........ Normally 0v brake input (needs 12v from brake applied only!)
H ........ Cruise inhibit signal pcm control (needed depending on year make and model! 99-up f-body needs this to work unless you use a differant year cruise control)
J ......... Cruise engaged status to pcm (not needed!)
K ........ VSS from pcm/feed to cluster
right from the service manual.......

"Battery voltage is applied to terminal F of the cruise control module when the ignition switch is in the RUN position. When the slider switch is moved to the ON position, battery voltage is applied to terminal A of the cruise control module. The cruise control module needs to receive brake input voltage at one of the following terminals once each ignition cycle before allowing cruise to operate:
Terminal D
Terminal G
The brake input voltage is received at the cruise control module through the following components:

The A/C CRUISE Fuse 12
The cruise control release brake switch
The cruise control clutch switch on vehicles equipped with a manual transmission
The voltage to the cruise control module terminal D is interrupted if either of the above switches is open. Terminal G must see a ground path through the CHMSL bulb in order for the cruise to operate properly. If the brake pedal is depressed, battery voltage is present at the module terminal G. When the slider switch is moved to the RESUME/ACCEL position, battery voltage is applied to terminal C of the module. With the set switch depressed, battery voltage is present at cruise module terminal B. Cruise module connector terminal K is the speed signal terminal. During operation the voltage will oscillate between the following levels:

I have checked all the wires with a test light to see if everything is working as it should and when it should. I also tested the wires on my blazer and the wiring does all the same things. But the cruise will not come on in the camaro. I have even swapped the cruise module with the one i have in my blazer to be sure the one i got at the salvage yard for the camaro was good. Still won't work. Anyone have any ideas as to what i am missing? When i got my computer and wiring harness back from the company that did it for me, the wire for the VSS had a tag on it that said 2000 PPM. I know stock it would be 4000 PPM. I talked to the harness people about that and he says he did not change the PPM. He says that it just got mislabeled and that the PPM is whatever it was stock. If it was set to 2000 PPM would that stop it from coming on at all? Thanks, Aaron
Old 10-07-2008, 08:59 PM
Teching In

Anyone have any ideas at all?
Old 10-08-2008, 09:47 AM
Teching In

Problem solved, had to add 3rd brake light bulb. Works great now. Thanks go out to 89 formula350 for pointing me in the right direction. Appreciate it man.
Old 10-08-2008, 12:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 167camaro
Problem solved, had to add 3rd brake light bulb.
edit, never mind, just seen the ground path must be present through the CHMSL.
Old 10-08-2008, 09:25 PM
TECH Regular

What are you using for a column stalk?

Quick Reply: cruise control issues