Convertible Vehicles Enthusiasts | Information | Maintenance

Here's some pics of my new 2001 WS6 Vert! ** PIC HEAVY **

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2014, 03:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year
Talking Here's some pics of my new 2001 WS6 Vert! ** PIC HEAVY **

Well as some of you know, I just bought a 01 WS6 vert. I'm in JAX and it was in Pensacola, so 5+ hours away. A month ago, my friend and I took the trip to pick it up and on the way home, 100 miles outside of JAX, on I-10, the Trans lines PoP!

I had it towed home and as the tow truck driver was rolling my Bird off the flat bed, a piece of wood that he was using got caught up and under my front bumper and started ripping it off. Well that left a 1/4 gap between the fender and bumper. I had my buddy fix it and charged the tow company $300. Surprisingly, the owner didn't give me **** and cut a cheque, no problem.

So I get the trans lines fixed at the cost of $300+, since I couldn't find anyone local to help me out. And then about 3 or 4 days later, I started hearing what sounded like rod knock. I called the guy I bought it from and in the end he gives me the typical bullshit, that he sold me a good car.

Well luckily I had a Pre-04 LQ9 with less than 20K miles. It was from LKQ so I know I had a solid motor. So I take my Bird to F-Body World in Stark, where I talked to Doc and Jon. Talk about good solid guys; they will bend over backwards for their customers! The place is packed with all kinds of goodies so if you need something, new or used, call them! Well I had them pull the LS1 and pop in the LQ9 and in 2 days it was scream'n! While they were at it, I had them install my Edelbrock Victor LT step headers, as well as pull the Emission crap. Right now, the exhaust is only open headers, that has a HUGE *** 3.5 collector... it sound like a ******* BEAST!! I picked up some FlowTech Putple Hornies and will run them right off the collectors! MWAHAHAHAHA!

Well the car was buttoned up and ready to go, but then I thought... while it;s here, why not have my MWC FAB9 rear put in sooooo.... They started on that but come to find out, the Pass side axle was over an inch too long so I had to have Strange cut another 35 spline axle. Now were waiting on that! Should be here on Tuesday!

I am having my 5" VFN pin on hood worked over by my buddy. I picked up some AeroCatch hood pins and he is glassing them in now...they look SICK! The next plan is to Plasti Dip the car a Matte Black so to get that sweet Murdered Out look!

Down the road, I plan on getting some L92 heads and a Vic Jr EFI intake and cam. But for now, I'm broke and just want to enjoy her!

Here's the pic, Enjoy!

The VFN HOOD -

My WS6 -

Old 04-22-2014, 10:26 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

i hate you!!! lol

car and those tonneau covers look great.
Old 04-22-2014, 01:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

LS1Tech 10 Year

HA! Yeah they do look good! I plan on plasti dipping the car a matte black. I can't wait to get it back from the shop!
Old 04-27-2014, 03:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

LS1Tech 10 Year

WOO-HOOOO!!! Good news.... I GET MY CAR BACK TOMORROW!!!!

Old 04-28-2014, 02:56 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't plasti-dip it! Hate that cheap ****. Just work on that black paint and make it deeeeeep! You have a great foundation, don't **** it up rattle canning it.
Old 04-28-2014, 04:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by ShawnD
Don't plasti-dip it! Hate that cheap ****. Just work on that black paint and make it deeeeeep! You have a great foundation, don't **** it up rattle canning it.
ENJOY

https://ls1tech.com/forums/florida-m...ti-dipped.html

Quick Reply: Here's some pics of my new 2001 WS6 Vert! ** PIC HEAVY **