Convertible Vehicles Enthusiasts | Information | Maintenance

convertible sub frame connectors

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2012, 12:18 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the UMI 3-point sub-frame connectors on my Camaro convertible and I would recommend installing a set. Definitely stopped all the little "wiggles" on my car. Also rides way more solid and they tuck up nicely under the chassis (lowest point on my car is the SLP y-pipe, not the connectors).
Old 01-16-2013, 03:56 PM
On The Tree

I have the UMI 3 point weld ins and they definitely firmed up the ride. The only issue is on LT1 verts, the fuel lines are in the way on the driver side, so they can't tuck up quite as nicely.
Old 01-28-2013, 05:26 PM
Launching!

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

any thoughts on brand? I like BMR but other brands are catching my eye
Thanks
Old 01-28-2013, 05:32 PM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by hrlyhnx
any thoughts on brand? I like BMR but other brands are catching my eye
Thanks
Hello,

The link below is our convertible section if you would like to take a look. We offer both weld in and bolt in styles as well as 2-point and 3-point. The bolt ins are a 100% bolt in with no cutting or drilling.

http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...Path=7_113_264

If you have any questions please ask. Thanks for looking!
Ryan
Old 01-29-2013, 12:08 PM
Launching!

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

ssVert99: your website says the SFC is not for highway riding and only for racing. I want to buy them for my 97 RS Vert that i use for daily driving. Can you please give me more details on what they mean by that?
Thanks
Old 01-29-2013, 02:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by hrlyhnx
ssVert99: your website says the SFC is not for highway riding and only for racing. I want to buy them for my 97 RS Vert that i use for daily driving. Can you please give me more details on what they mean by that?
Thanks
Most automotive aftermarket providers put this as a disclaimer as a CYA move. It helps to protect them if a part fails on the road.

I just picked up a set of UMI 3 points, used, as I got a killer deal on them. I wouldn't hesitate to put on a set of the MWC's either - I actually was leaning towards them before I got these UMI's, but it was a little more of a hassle for me as I'd have to get them welded in.
Old 03-30-2013, 12:55 PM
On The Tree

BMR 2 point weld in (tubular) here. Less creaks.
Old 08-22-2014, 11:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ssvert99
Kinda back from the dead but figured it was a relevant post. Looking to put a set on my new vert. Going back to the MWC subframe connectors. I see where they are coming from in the not using the LCA mounts as a rear connection. So two things. Does anyone make SFC that bolt onto both ends like the MWC does but is also a 3 pt? Or would it just be easier to make our own 3pt addition (add to 2pt)?
Old 08-22-2014, 12:30 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Streetlegal?
Kinda back from the dead but figured it was a relevant post. Looking to put a set on my new vert. Going back to the MWC subframe connectors. I see where they are coming from in the not using the LCA mounts as a rear connection. So two things. Does anyone make SFC that bolt onto both ends like the MWC does but is also a 3 pt? Or would it just be easier to make our own 3pt addition (add to 2pt)?
I have a vert also. I have been looking for a long time for a decently priced SFC and settled on getting the MWC because of the actual tie-in of the subframes.

To answer your question, I don't think so, as there aren't any mounting holes around the rear subframe. As far as making it a 3pt, I think it would be easier to fabricate it, but would hold off until its actually on the car to see if its even worth it.

Why do you want a bolt in one like MWC's? From what I've read, weld-in is the way to really justify a SFC. I bought a $90 flux core welder so I can put these on when I buy them (also, to practice first).

Nice car BTW!
Old 08-24-2014, 11:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 01dropTOP
I have a vert also. I have been looking for a long time for a decently priced SFC and settled on getting the MWC because of the actual tie-in of the subframes.

To answer your question, I don't think so, as there aren't any mounting holes around the rear subframe. As far as making it a 3pt, I think it would be easier to fabricate it, but would hold off until its actually on the car to see if its even worth it.

Why do you want a bolt in one like MWC's? From what I've read, weld-in is the way to really justify a SFC. I bought a $90 flux core welder so I can put these on when I buy them (also, to practice first).

Nice car BTW!
I wanted to bolt them in and then weld them. The MWC ones will most likely be what I go with then. Or I will just make my own completely.

Thanks! I have 2 now haha
Old 08-25-2014, 06:01 AM
Launching!

If you do any type of spirited driving get the weld in SFC's and be done with it. Why bolt and weld?? Am I missing somthing?

Quick Reply: convertible sub frame connectors