Convertible Vehicles Enthusiasts | Information | Maintenance

drop top

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2013, 02:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy drop top

Ok im new to this. But I have a question.. Does anyone know what I could use to put on a rag top so it doesnt get ruined by the sun or rain?? And not no car cover I mean to have on there all the time.. Btw im a Ws6 owner.. Thanks!
Old 03-22-2013, 09:44 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Wash it , keep it clean

There are some top treatment solutions out there.
Old 03-23-2013, 12:46 AM
11 Second Club

I love RaggTopp, I use their fabric cleaner + fabric protectant. It's pretty expensive, but worth it. If you Google "RaggTopp" you'll find it pretty easy.
Old 03-23-2013, 02:26 AM
On The Tree

yep, Raggtop protectant helps, though just keeping it out of the direct sun as much as possible is best, ie. cover.
Stock top on my 01 and still some life left...
Old 03-23-2013, 08:56 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 466 Likes on 338 Posts

RAGGTOPP fabric protectant. Plain and simple and the best product out there. It has the UV protection and really repels water nicely as well. I have used it for years on all of my verts (2 black top and 2 tan tops) and no issues whatsoever. The downside? Cost. I have found JC Whitney to have the best prices, especially when they offer free shipping. If no free shipping, get two cans and it technically cuts the shipping cost in half. If I can keep it under $25 per can delivered then I'm happy with that.
** Make sure your top is completely clean and dry before applying the product. Use a lint roller to grab anything else off the cloth material. Raise the top just a little and tuck large towels all around the windshield and side windows and then put the top back down on top of them. This prevents the product from spraying on the glass (and paint too). It is a pain to clean if you accidentally get some on the glass or paint.

Quick Reply: drop top