Convertible Vehicles Enthusiasts | Information | Maintenance

4th Gen Convertible Deck Lid

Old 05-27-2015, 12:44 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 4th Gen Convertible Deck Lid

I am replacing my top and while in the process I noticed I could lift up the front of the deck lid while it is fully latched. I see that people have asked about this in the past with no clear answer or resolution. I have checked the GM parts depiction and don't see any part that I need, but I must be missing something.

I'm attaching a photo of my hinge. I've had this car since it was 2-years-old and nothing on the trunk has been changed or repaired. Is there something missing from my car that would allow the deck lid to be adjustable on each side in the front and that would keep it from being able to be lifted up?

Last edited by kenp; 05-27-2015 at 03:02 PM. Reason: Title
Old 05-28-2015, 11:24 AM
TECH Addict

Received 203 Likes on 161 Posts

The deck lid is designed to accommodate the lip of the top boot when installed, so some play to lift up the front of the deck lid when closed is designed-in. However, in your picture you can see the shoulder bolt which engages the "V" shaped slot in the body when closed which prevents the deck from being pulled up too far. If you think there is excessive play, you might try adjusting that shoulder bolt.
Old 05-29-2015, 08:52 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 436 Likes on 315 Posts

Is it excessive movement? Mine has always moved a bit for the boot cover, otherwise it would never fit, just like JohnnyBs98WS6Rag stated.
By the way I just went out in the garage and looked at my hinge. The placement and bolts look identical to yours.
Old 06-09-2015, 10:25 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok, then I doubt there is or was a bushing. It just is what it is. Much-a-do about nothing.

Thanks.
Old 06-10-2015, 01:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

FWIW, mine looks identical to the pic and has some play in it as well.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 4th Gen Convertible Deck Lid