Only Vert people can answer this - LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

Notices
Convertible Vehicles Enthusiasts | Information | Maintenance

Only Vert people can answer this

Old 11-02-2018, 10:29 AM
TECH Apprentice

Default Only Vert people can answer this

So I have owned my 2000 SS for a little over 6 years. The issue i have never resolved is the metal connection to the rear window defroster isnt attached. Has anyone know how to fix this?
Old 11-02-2018, 12:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm not sure what the "approved" repair is, but I'd try some copper-filled conductive epoxy first. I'd be hesitant to try soldering or tack-weld since the heat may crack the glass.

If you try the epoxy, before you "commit" to it, run a test by turning on the rear defrost for a few minutes and check the temperature of the epoxy joint. If it isn't making a good solid electrical connection there, it will heat up much faster than the rest of the grid. If it stays relatively cool, you're good to go.
Old 11-02-2018, 01:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

if you run out of options you could call a place i use in rogers mn ; premier upholstery . they are experts on vert tops.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: