Convertible Vehicles Enthusiasts | Information | Maintenance

Is There any maintenance for convertible system??

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2006, 05:02 PM
ZSU
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Is There any maintenance for convertible system??

I GOT 95 TRANSAM CONVERTIBLE..
I DO NOT KNOW MUCH ABOUT CONVET.S..

Is There any maintenance for convertible systems??

Sometimes it can stop at middle of opening... somebody know why??

THANXXXXXXXXXXXX
Old 08-07-2006, 12:27 PM
TECH Addict

Received 227 Likes on 182 Posts

Keep it clean and waterproofed.

If anything squeeks in the top mechanism, it needs lube.

Pump problems are mainly due to leaks and the fluid level getting low. Check the resevoir on the pump (under the carpet on the driver's side of the trunk). GM now recommends the use of mineral oil. Cycle it a couple times to get the air out of the system, then re-check level and fill as required.
Old 08-07-2006, 07:37 PM
ZSU
Launching!

Question

Originally Posted by JohnnyBs98WS6Rag
Keep it clean and waterproofed.

If anything squeeks in the top mechanism, it needs lube.

Pump problems are mainly due to leaks and the fluid level getting low. Check the resevoir on the pump (under the carpet on the driver's side of the trunk). GM now recommends the use of mineral oil. Cycle it a couple times to get the air out of the system, then re-check level and fill as required.
Do you mean waterproof it with top care products or how Am I going to clean it? I am going to buy from net RaggTopp Fabric Convertible Top Care Kit is it useful?
Sometimes my top stops at the middle but if i push a bit it continue 2 going down..

Some friend said use hyrdolic fluid.. i cannt find which match with that.. nearer is brake hyrdolic fluid
how is the mineral oil? is it same engine oil or what? may i use it in the pump fill with it?
thanxxx
sorry 4 lang
Old 08-08-2006, 09:26 AM
12 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by ZSU
Do you mean waterproof it with top care products or how Am I going to clean it? I am going to buy from net RaggTopp Fabric Convertible Top Care Kit is it useful?
Sometimes my top stops at the middle but if i push a bit it continue 2 going down..

Some friend said use hyrdolic fluid.. i cannt find which match with that.. nearer is brake hyrdolic fluid
how is the mineral oil? is it same engine oil or what? may i use it in the pump fill with it?
thanxxx
sorry 4 lang
my top wasn't going down and i put mineral oil in the resevoir and now it works fine..you can find it at your local pharmacy in the laxative section..as for the top care kit im not sure..i need something to clean my top as well
Old 08-08-2006, 11:39 AM
On The Tree

Regarding RaggTop Fabric Top Protectant it works great and I'm pretty sure they make a cleaner too.

Quick Reply: Is There any maintenance for convertible system??