Convertible Vehicles Enthusiasts | Information | Maintenance

Lowering ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2006, 06:52 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark A. Rogalski
I will have pics in about a week. I am having this done and is in the shop right now however I won't be back to that part of the country for about a week to see the outcome...and pay.

Any luck on the write up??
Old 11-19-2006, 07:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

strano is pretty much the most bombass person on the face of the earth!

he is helpnig me on my vert tomorrow... he is at a track even this weekend...

ill let everyone know what he recomends me as for shocks/springs
Old 11-19-2006, 08:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 32of32
Any luck on the write up??
The car is done. Ride height is perfect for me. The car is covered up in the garage. Seemed a little stiff at first although I only put about 35 miles on the car since done.

I bought a 800 mile takeoff complete rear end from SLP and am having it gone through along with a T2R differential installed. From there the rear goes out to paint shop then for installation. I planned on waiting for pics and details until till I do the rear end swap and install the 1LE rear coils back in and shave those upper rubber springs perches at the same time.

I have some new front suspension components and the 1LE springs from thie project for sale on ebay. Might be a few hours before they all show up.Front suspension pics and details link

Sorry for the delay, just real busy.
Old 11-19-2006, 10:39 PM
TECH Addict

my car is lowered with eibach prokits and it is like a pro-line drop. i have dynatech headers and cats and i scrap the cats once steep driveways and speed bumps. I usually take them sideways and only scratch a bit... but its annoying.

The factory 1le stuff is amazing, really. If you want to handle great, you really dont have to throw alot at this car. Koni singles, even their adjustable spring sets and a soli swaybar pair, torque arm and your car will handle.

I currently have the adjustable Hals front and back and though i love the SLAMMED look, it gets old a bit. The pic in my sig is the current drop, before it was LOW.

If you still want to lower it, get a spring that drops 3/4-1 inch, and be ready to go lower than that..
Old 11-22-2006, 03:58 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 00cls1camaross
strano is pretty much the most bombass person on the face of the earth!

he is helpnig me on my vert tomorrow... he is at a track even this weekend...

ill let everyone know what he recomends me as for shocks/springs
Let us know what he says. I wanted to buy the Koni 4/4s and the strano lowering springs when I get home. I'm hoping that will be a good setup but I'm going to call him and talk before I do anything.
Old 11-22-2006, 05:47 PM
TECH Addict

the strano springs are a 500/150 split, no progressive if my memory serves me right. Your will handle great however, if you are interested in drag, i would reconsider those spring rates and move to softer setting.

Not taking away from strano, he certainly knows his stuff, i have spoken with him plenty of times and every time i learned something new..
Old 12-02-2006, 05:31 PM
On The Tree

I put Eibach Pros on my 95 TA Vert, and yes it's "almost" too low, but I like the slammed look - real happy with em'
Old 12-03-2006, 02:04 AM
Teching In

I got the Strano springs and Koni shocks from Sam and love them. The car is firmer, but actually rides better. The floaty feel is gone. I'd highly recommend them.
Old 12-03-2006, 11:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by kc10a
I got the Strano springs and Koni shocks from Sam and love them. The car is firmer, but actually rides better. The floaty feel is gone. I'd highly recommend them.

any bottom out problems yet?and can u shoot us some pics for the vert guys
Old 12-04-2006, 03:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do the lowering springs for an LT1 work on an LS1? IIRC, The LT1 is about the same weight as a LS1 vert.

I bought my car with Eibach sportlines and it was too low for me for a daily driver.

Quick Reply: Lowering ?'s