Convertible Vehicles Enthusiasts | Information | Maintenance

X Pipe

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 02:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default X Pipe

Is anyone running an aftermarket 3" x-pipe for a convert? Who makes it and how well does it fit.
Old 06-02-2008, 03:13 PM
Launching!

The Texas speed Rumbler "X" is the only aftermarket "off the shelf" one made that I know of. It is all 3" pipe. They can be made pretty easily by an exhaust shop or with a universal kit from Jegs or Summit to mate up to whatever headers you're running. With any true dual setup you are going to have to sacrifice some clearance and will probably deal with some banging issues until you get all the kinks out.

Here is the texas speed kit:
Old 06-02-2008, 05:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Looks exactly like mine... used the Summit 3" x-pipe kit...
Old 06-02-2008, 06:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

only prob is you have to remove your xbrace for the exhaust to fit. well for the true dual setup anyhow
Old 06-02-2008, 07:03 PM
Banned

Use the 4" X pipe or the 4" h-pipe that has been flattened for clearance . Its only 2.5" high but its pretty wide & allows good clearance while not giving up any exhaust flow .
Old 06-02-2008, 08:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Z ROADSTER
Use the 4" X pipe or the 4" h-pipe that has been flattened for clearance . Its only 2.5" high but its pretty wide & allows good clearance while not giving up any exhaust flow .
Who has this? Sorry I should have also stated this is with a Spohn torque arm and Dana 60. The x member is long gone....
Old 06-21-2008, 07:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

indeed. ive never seen or heard of anyonr using a 4" setup. and there is a reason exhaust are kept in as much as possible a circular/conical shape. the oval/flattened style produce alot more air turbulence. which result in more restriction even with a overall larger diameter radius. make sure you put in sfc of some kind. i got the TSP setup. and my 60fts hurt from having no sfc/x-brace.

I do scrape on dips in the road and if 2 people are in the car even more so. id say mabe 2in clearance at the tips of the rumbler mufflers. you could have a shop saw the tips alittle higher so they dont curve down and probly could squeak alittle more clearance. or mabe get the tsp and then get some local shop to fabricate pipes from the x back and mabe do a better job tucking them up. they could have saved us probly 1-2 inches but at a certain spot the setup is against the undercarriage at the front part of the exhaust and stops the rest of the exhaust from being flush.

Last edited by GXPPOWER; 06-21-2008 at 07:20 PM.

Quick Reply: X Pipe