Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Question about TI bypass mod

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2008, 01:34 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Question about TI bypass mod

Can some one tell me about the TI bypass mod. Dose it make more power? Dose it make the car sound better? And can some one post a pic of it so I can see what it looks like thanks.
Old 12-29-2008, 02:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've done it and it does make a difference in sound; especially if you've got contributing modifications like headers, cam, etc...

As far as power, I doubt the extra flow would constitute noticable power gains.

There are several threads on here showing the finished product. I did mine using a notch cutter and a dremel. It took about 1.5 hours for the cutting and another hour for the welding.
Old 12-29-2008, 02:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have the bypass pipe sitting on my workbench. But after driving my dad's stock '04 Z16 this weekend when home for x-mas I'm going to try my car out w/ the Tis back on w/o the bypass mod. I've had Stingers on the car for over 5 years and it's time to tone it down a smidge.

If it's too quiet I'll yank the pipes off and get the bypass pipes welded in... trick is finding someone to weld Ti pipe.

As for power... eh... who cares. The Ti mufflers have been shown to cost around 3 horse on 500+ rwhp cars.
Old 12-29-2008, 06:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

I'm looking to do this my stock ti but like alot others have said... Finding someone to weld ti is the trick.

Quick Reply: Question about TI bypass mod