Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Street tune vs Dyno tune?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2010, 05:51 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Both is necessary for proper tuning IMHO. Those who say a street tune is not necessary are usually just lazy tuners who only focus on WOT, and those who say dyno's are not necessary usually do not have one and have to justify why.
Old 07-28-2010, 05:00 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by East Coast Supercharging
Both is necessary for proper tuning IMHO. Those who say a street tune is not necessary are usually just lazy tuners who only focus on WOT, and those who say dyno's are not necessary usually do not have one and have to justify why.
I agree car really needs both, and with a car making over 650 rwhp. Really dont want to be on the street, doing what a dyno does to really get the car to it max perf. It for sure can be done on the street on the WOT but at any HP range needs two poeple in the car one driving and the other working the HP TUNER are which ever kind of tune he is putting on the car.
Old 07-28-2010, 07:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by East Coast Supercharging
Constant speed tuning never involves WOT runs. 70% of tuning is done in the drivability range alone and its the area where a lot of time spent for the tune. Rarely require any adjustments after everything is dialed in, a WOT is just a verify, finish, print, have a nice day.
Are you calling that lasy?
better yet are you calling Greg Banish lasy?

In curious, how do you change Manifold pressure (throttle position) without Accelerating (rpm change and moving through the cells quickly AND get an accurate measurement) ? Ya know, to tune VE for example?

I would however agree that I do hear of many tuners just doing pure WOT tune runs.

If ever, I just scan street driving to verify ECM behavior

Last edited by vmapper; 07-28-2010 at 07:45 PM.

Quick Reply: Street tune vs Dyno tune?