Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

drill mod?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 04:37 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default drill mod?

my clutch pedal on my 02 c5 sticks halfway to the floor on hard launches. can the drill mod be done on c5's like f-bodys?? what's the easiest way to manually bleed the clutch? any help appreciated.
Old 03-19-2009, 10:41 AM
12 Second Club

The drill mod can be done, but i don't think it's going to help much. I have had the some problem for over a year. I bleed the clucth, changed out the fluid and still have the problem. I also had the shop put in new slave cylinder and it got a better, now it feels soft sometimes.
Soon after that my tranny started stuck in fourth gear under a load sometimes. So I am going to just put a new clucth in it and have the shop check out my tranny. BTW bleeding the dam thing is a bitch!!!!!!!
Old 03-19-2009, 12:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Isn't one of the fixes changing over to LS6 hydraulics? I'm having the same problem in my '03 Z06 (an LS6). WTF???
Old 03-19-2009, 02:59 PM
11 Second Club

Bleeding would be easy with a Phoenix Bleeder. We've had ours for years and is a one man job. It bleeds from the slave to the master and gets ALL of the air out. Ask your local trans shop if they have one as it's a little pricey for a one time job.
Old 03-19-2009, 03:49 PM
On The Tree

The drill mod will work as well as the adjustable master. I wondered for years and finally did it this past weekend and my car shifts like it should, like butta!! When you do the adjustable master you shorten the plunger stop so it actually pumps more fluid. The drill mod allows this fluid to transfer through the line more effectively. Like NIKE says " JUST DO IT" or was it " Ah SCREW IT" whichever the mod is a must for any G.M car like ours.
Then you can be " BANGIN' GEARS & BREAKIN REARS"
Old 03-20-2009, 12:37 PM
TECH Resident

Might want to check out the Tick MC replacement. Everyone who has tried it, says it has fixed their pedal problems. There is a thread on the CF trying to piece together a homemade version for 1/2 the cost if that is an issue. Ranger says the issue is clutch dust getting into fluid, but the Tick mc's have not been out long enough to back that up yet. It is worth checking into. Plus you will not have to do drill mod. Good luck with it.
Old 03-28-2009, 06:22 PM
Teching In

yeah, Ranger has a whole website dedicated to this problem. just search for it or go to www.corvetteforum.com and search for Ranger. a remote bleeder is the fix but his servicing method works too.

Quick Reply: drill mod?