both..
Old 05-13-2009, 07:48 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBooooooooooooooooooooooossssssssssss ssssstttttttttttttttttttt
Old 05-13-2009, 09:47 PM
TECH Regular

I say go nitrous,but i guess that I'm a little bias though.
Old 05-16-2009, 10:43 AM
Shorty Director

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

If you are a gearhead then go boost. If not then go nitrous. I have had both and I can say both are fast. I love hearing people complain about filling the bottle. That's easy. Try chasing down a boost leak on a twin turbo setup. In a race with both making equal power its a drivers race and most likely the nitrous car will get out first and stay out in a 40 to 160mph sprint. You wont be able to make too many back to back runs with the nitrous setup or the boosted setup. One requiring a cool down and the other probably low on bottle pressure or out of nitrous. When I had nitrous I always had a spare bottle.

This really all boils down to your finances and whats really important. If you race a lot and have doe then go boost. If you dont race very often and got doe then go boost. If you do race a lot and dont have doe then go nitrous. If you dont race a lot and dont have doe then go nitrous. Now some just like to save money regardless if they have it or not. They go nitrous. Just that simple guys.
Old 05-21-2009, 12:27 AM
On The Tree

i have bottle 581 rwhp on 100 shot 514 torque~ 10.52 at 134 in the 1/4 on 1.54 60ft! I have been thinking about procharger but the bottle is great for the track and the car makes 455rwhp on nos tune so plenty for the highway!
Old 05-21-2009, 09:52 AM
Launching!

Going the bottle route will definitely be A LOT cheaper up front, that being said I'm a fan of boost over the bottle because you never have to fill it or turn on the bottle.
Old 05-22-2009, 04:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am surprised the "cost" factor hasnt been brought up, bc there is a HUGE difference!

to the OP: First: how much you want to spend? whats your final goals? if you want a more complete package, as in power all the time go with FI. A good reliable FI setup is very hard to beat. Until you factor in the cost. do a little reading on the FI section and learn up, but get ready to pay up as in thousands $$$ more.

Im VERY happy with mine, no problems now thats is all figured out. mine is a DD also.
Old 05-25-2009, 02:26 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SELLSZ06
I am surprised the "cost" factor hasnt been brought up, bc there is a HUGE difference!

to the OP: First: how much you want to spend? whats your final goals? if you want a more complete package, as in power all the time go with FI. A good reliable FI setup is very hard to beat. Until you factor in the cost. do a little reading on the FI section and learn up, but get ready to pay up as in thousands $$$ more.

Im VERY happy with mine, no problems now thats is all figured out. mine is a DD also.
ive done plenty of reading.... and if you really look into it an all motor with bottle setup costs close to the same as a boosted setup... 2600 for heads, ported fast, cam valvetrain it all adds up... with boosted setups you can keep the ls6 intake and go with the 317 heads..filling the bottle does add up but here in vegas there are plenty of places around the corner to fill a bottle...ive decided on bottle because its more consistant with our temperature ranges here in the desert... 40-50 degrees in winter- 115 in the summer.. plus with the forced induction setups you really have to worry about overheating out here... with the intercooler blocking air, and the blower added to the rotating assembly ive had problems with keeping my fbody cool and i want reliability... (yes i had a t stat, water wetter, and my fans tuned to be on at all times) im sure with that great california weather and elevation...a boosted car would be very happy there

Quick Reply: bottle or boost?