Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Jacking Pads????

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 08:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Jacking Pads????

Are these necessary for all C5's? do you guys think it is a must have accessor? What about the mod for the ffron end to prevent scrapping? I can't recall what they are but they are set of wheels that attach in front of the Air dam to prevent drivewat scrapes?
Old 05-28-2009, 09:54 PM
On The Tree

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Just do a search for hockey puck pads.

I went to Play It Again Sports and got four hockey pucks for 99 cents each the second day I had my car.

Then go to Home Depot and buy 4 decent sized ring-eye bolts. You drill the center of the puck then wind the ring-eye bolt in.

You put the ring eye up through the cargo slot and turn it to lock it in just like the expensive pads.

If you are going to use a lift you can make them with just one puck per pad. If you are going to use a regular jack you will want to make probably one pad with 2 pucks.

My car's body is cracked in a bunch of places under the door sills where people just used a jack without a pad.
Old 06-01-2009, 04:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hockey pucks like the above mentioned.

I'm too lazy and inevitably forget them, so I just stick a bunch of wood planks down ease the jack onto it. *knock on wood*
Old 06-01-2009, 05:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the pucks but don't use them. I just take ouf the center air dam and jack the car from the front cradle. Since me car is lowered I back it up on a piece of wood first. The rear I jack from the cradle also.

Quick Reply: Jacking Pads????