Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Young corvette owners..

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2009, 08:37 PM
9 Second Club NA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Off topic, but is that the Exxon in Alvin, JayBee?
Old 07-27-2009, 09:07 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i just got my z06 saturday... i got pulled over by a state trooper within 15 minutes.. for no front license plate. i was actually driving under the speed limit. im 24 but still in school. i have a perfect driving record so far.. and my first two rides were radical cammed out crazy machines that most people would hate to drive.. especially have to climb over the rollbar to get in and out.. i guess ive been lucky, and besides.. when you have something badass you can put putt like an old man and still sound good/look cool. no need to show your cards everywhere you go. act like a jackass in lower risk areas. sheesh after this imma have to go knock on wood.
Old 07-27-2009, 09:20 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dragaholic
Off topic, but is that the Exxon in Alvin, JayBee?
Yessir, it sure is.

Speedy Stop
Old 07-29-2009, 12:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by z06_joe
I drive this Z06 everyday for nearly 2 years now. I have never been pulled over in it nor do I speed. As you get older you develop a safer less aggresive driving style, if not you will end up taking the bus. I know a few in that category. lol

Joe

Hey I'm in St. Pete also.. I have a 00 TR FRC. I see you around 66th street a lot. But never gotten a chance to catch up to you and talk to you.. You own a shop, don't you?

Send me a PM and give me your info when you get a minute..

Thanks!
Old 08-03-2009, 03:32 AM
Staging Lane

Only the Highway patrol have given me any trouble, ususally if i see them in my rear view mirror im getting a ticket. It has happened twice by CHP, and I've been warned once by local police. The guy was real cool saw me turning on my V1 while doin 10 over in a school zone. I pretty much smiled and laughed when i saw him cuz i knew he was gonna pull me over. He was real cool and gave me a verbal warning.

Otherwise im 24 have had my c6 for 2 1/2 years. Mods: bullets, intake.
Old 08-03-2009, 07:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by camarodave98
Do you guys ever get out of tickets??

I sure as hell dont. Everytime im pulled over for ANYTHING, i just might as well have a pen on me to sign the ticket. When I had my camaro, I got let off alll the time, since having c6's i have not been let off with a warning once! And they always ask if its my car!? I have been pulled over in the past two years at least 5 times for no front plate (WHICH i refuse to put on)... craaazzzy! AAAnyways, i was wondering if its just me..

ADD post

It is, just you. If you drive like an idiot, they'll treat you like one. Trust me, i've been a nut job behind the wheel for years. I have paid the price, and I have talked my way out of serious ****. It's a 50/50 chance you'll take but, it's probably more like 80/20 in reality. It all depends on what your doing,...and where your doing it,....and who's pulling you over.

Lets start in problem one. You say, you've been pulled over for no front plate 5 times in two years. What the **** man, you don't see a problem there? Stop making yourself an easy target and put on the front plate,...or move to a diff4rent state. I am not blamming you for that,...it must suck to have to do that BUT,...if it's the law there....what can you do man? It's not like you can easily hide that you don't have a front plate. Cops, seasoned traffic cops, probably don't even see or care what kind of car it is coming at them where you live,...there looking for one thing,....does it have a plate? Get over that hump, you'll have less issues. I promise.

Now,..for the real BS. I am, not at all considering myself a "young" corvette owner. I'm 30, and although I feel like a kid,..i'm not, so why pretend. My old age, has caused me to learn a few things, growing up, the hard way has caused that. I want to be clear here, I am not at all bragging or trying to show off here with what I'm gonna get into. Just me, explaining my good and bad times, that were all my own doing, usually. Meaning I always had the option to do something different.

That said, I have a driving record taller then most of you guys. At the age of 16, I was soo involved in street racing, I ended up having to move out of the town that I lived in. Lol(not funny). I raced everything, and everyone. Never really got caught for racing. But, I did get pulled over for speeding or other irratic things. My cousin shared the same fate. Before you knew it, I had another hot car, drew alot of attention,...one thing led to another,..cops start knowing you by name,....they start asking friends of yours if they've seen you. Stupid ****. All my fault. Small town, loud cars, race fuel for blood. Didn't help to have a family member that had the same thought process but, with faster cars.

I moved, cause I was tired of being harrassed, even when I wasn't doing something wrong. Guns pulled on us, cover ups, seriously stupid ****, not always car related. That said, I have talked my way out of tons of tickets in those two cars. I really did. One thing is important, I was always respectful to the cops. Always. Yes sir, no sir, yes, I was speeding sir. I am very honest when I am asked..."do you know why I pulled you over?"...... Yes,... Don't be stupid but,on the other hand, now, don't admit guilt(thats a different legal topic all together).

Now, that I am older,...in the past few years, I have had my biggest issues and worst police stops. In the past two vettes have owned, I have been pulled over, multiple times. It was always for something I did, except for one time. It's been hit and miss for me in these cars,....sometimes treated unfairly cause of the car, sure,...I believe that. Sometimes the cop, honestly seemed jealous but, I have sensed that in alot of traffic stops. I work hard for my cars,...they don't know that, nor are they thinking of that while they are stopping you. So, again, another reason to be resectful.

This one time, I was pulled over, in the vette, for doing something I wasn't really doing. A friend of mine in another car was driving alot more aggressive then I was even considering driving at the time,.....a cop saw this,...targeted me,...pulled me over, and arrested me the moment he looked at my address, which at the time, was in a known nice neighborhood. In thirty seconds of being pulled over, I was in cuffs and
sitting in the back of a crown vic. It sucked, and it was wrong but,...in the end,...I got out of it,...several thousand dollars later, several years later.

a while after that,....I was pulled over, by another cop for running a red light. Something I have never done, or intended to do. I was having car issues, I was reading my scanner, following some van on a three lane road, that was going ten under,....I got frustrated when I realized it was going that slow(25mph) and I went around it, making a legal lane change but,...when I looked up(low low low car following a tall van) I was going through a light that just turned red. Couldn't stop, didn't try to. Cop was 50 yards back.

He pulled me over,....asked why I did what I did....I was honest,..I had car issues, frustrated, not paying attention,...I made an honest stupid mistake, I am sorry. He went to the car,....comes back 8 minutes later,....and says,...in a yelling laughing voice,...man,...whatchoo think, your a race car driver of someting? (me).... ah, no sir(smiles)....not at all. He's like, doooooode, your record is like THIS BIG(holds out a body sized example with his hands)..... I said, yes sir, I know but I've been good the past couple years haven't I?..... Yeah, I see that,..I see that he says. He's like,...man, now I am curious,...what makes you do this?..... I gotta know whats in this thing that makes you drive like this?

Are you serious I ask? yeah he says. I get out of the car, with caution. I open the hood,....another cop pulls up....looking like WTF angry and baffled,..... they looks, we talk,...I am nervous as ****. After I explained the setup(procharged at the time).... he says... "well,.....I'd give you a ticket but,.....it really wouldn't do you any good would it?"

lol. That was awesome. I said,...well,...maybe,..(didn't want to just agree).

Also got out of another ticket recently, driving an escalade,...a HOT female cop ulled me over, I was clearly speeding, she asked why, I told her why(I was on call and resonding)(the truth-company vehicle)..she let me go with only a could not prove registration ticket. Which is 10 bucks when you can prove it. Easy. Thank you misses officer. I told her I loved her and that I'd do anything she wanted,...she blushed and said scram.

Point is to my stupid banter, usually, it's us that cause them pulling us over to begin with. May it be cause the car is loud,...more then likely, yes, that is the very first reason for interested eyes,...be it a bystandered or a cop sitting off in the cut reading a high times magizne. Or, a car with no front plate could cause suspicion. Be smart, be respectful when you get GANKED, cause if you drive a certain way, it will happen....and you might just get out of it if you catch the right cop on the right day.

I have talked my way out of over 40 tickets. Thats 40. I have no idea how many I have had,...but, it isn't 40. Guess I'm a smooth talking son of a bitch.
Old 08-04-2009, 01:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thank you for your letter. Now.. as explained above. I do NOT drive like an idiot, if so the thread would have been titled "How many of you young idiot drivers get out of tickets?" My thread is intended for getting pulled over and ticketed for VERY small offenses, like no front plate or less than 10mph over the speed limit. I also understand that the front plate is a law, but I also see 1 in 50 vettes with it actually on. It looks terrible. I will take a ticket for that any day as will most of this community. I had a camaro with a 408 and drove it around like a ******* idiot and hardly ever got pulled over(no front plate, sped alll the time). My c6 is completely stock( no loud exhuast, no aftermarket rims that shout "I race". nothing.) I do occasionaly exceed the 65 mph speed limit we have here along with 99.9% of houstonians. I was just curious why alllot of people I know get off with warnings, but it SEEMS in my vette im getting a ticket no matter the offense. It is common sense if you drive like a moron your getting a ticket. No need for a thread about that, just some maturing. Sorry for the miscommunication..

Last edited by camarodave98; 08-04-2009 at 02:18 PM.
Old 08-04-2009, 06:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Put on the plate, see if you get pulled over. End of story. Youth these days.
Old 08-04-2009, 07:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech
Put on the plate, see if you get pulled over. End of story. Youth these days.

Are you not understanding what Im saying? How else can I put this? I am not complaining about being pulled over for just the plate. That has NOTHING to do with age, I know several vette owners without a plate that are 3 times my age(which is why the title of my thread is YOUNG CORVETTE OWNERS). I am stating being pulled over and ticketed for barely over the limit speeding as well as plate and everything else perhaps someone in an SUV or other car wouldnt be nailed with, perhaps just a warning. End of story. Not every youth drives their car like you did yours as you stated above. ******** these days.
Old 08-04-2009, 08:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by camarodave98
Are you not understanding what Im saying? I am stating being pulled over and ticketed for barely over the limit speeding as well as plate and everything else perhaps someone in an SUV or other car wouldnt be nailed with, perhaps just a warning. .

I understand just fine.... Key words.

"I"

"pulled over"

"for speeding"

"ticket""

Don't be mad. bucky

Quick Reply: Young corvette owners..