Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

need help picking a cam for 2000 corvette

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2009, 10:30 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help picking a cam for 2000 corvette

im looking for a bigger cam something with a rough idle and would help the over all performance of the car. i've always heard good things about voodoo cams but im not sure. how much lift is too much? i think i have 500 right now so should i go like 600? thanks for the help.
Old 09-19-2009, 10:38 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sappertodd
im looking for a bigger cam something with a rough idle and would help the over all performance of the car. i've always heard good things about voodoo cams but im not sure. how much lift is too much? i think i have 500 right now so should i go like 600? thanks for the help.
Hey Bro, you'll get a lot more help (suggestions/opinions) if you tell us what you want to do with the car. Street, strip, both, weekend warrior, daily driver. You don't have to have a rough idle just because its a big cam either. I am assuming you want some "lope" by your rough comment.

I have a 402 and went with a custom cam that matched the flow of my TFS 215 heads. 239/243 .623/.623 113+3 I don't think that cam would work for your setup unless you wanted to run a big cam (in a 346) and you were going to run the TFS 215s. Like I said that cam is matched to the TFS 215's.

I'd suggest you call Ron at vengeance and tell him about your goals. He could suggest one off the shelf, or spec a custom cam. The number is in my sig, and tell him Doug sent ya.
Old 09-19-2009, 12:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by allngn_c5
Hey Bro, you'll get a lot more help (suggestions/opinions) if you tell us what you want to do with the car. Street, strip, both, weekend warrior, daily driver. You don't have to have a rough idle just because its a big cam either. I am assuming you want some "lope" by your rough comment.

I have a 402 and went with a custom cam that matched the flow of my TFS 215 heads. 239/243 .623/.623 113+3 I don't think that cam would work for your setup unless you wanted to run a big cam (in a 346) and you were going to run the TFS 215s. Like I said that cam is matched to the TFS 215's.

I'd suggest you call Ron at vengeance and tell him about your goals. He could suggest one off the shelf, or spec a custom cam. The number is in my sig, and tell him Doug sent ya.

Listen to this man right here. He knows his **** lol..ANd once my vette gets here im coming thru Doug
Old 09-19-2009, 12:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by demarco313
Listen to this man right here. He knows his **** lol..ANd once my vette gets here im coming thru Doug
Thanks demarco, but I only know what I know thru research and experience. I don't do my own work, but I do ask a lot of questions, I do pay attention, and I read what the guys who know what they are talking about write on these forums so I can learn.

I have taken my car a long way from stock to its current 402 and all supporting mods. Clutch, DS, built rear, front brakes upgrade *Wilwood sl-6, Oversize rad w/built in oil cooler and a bunch of other stuff.

Pfadt coilovers and RPS street twin to start on Monday.
Old 09-19-2009, 02:18 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by sappertodd
If you want advice from the head\cam master himself, let me know and I will hook you up with Pete Incaudo.

Pitt

Quick Reply: need help picking a cam for 2000 corvette