Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Another Vette Newb Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2010, 02:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Another Vette Newb Thread

Hey guys, I've been snooping around here and corvetteforum lately because I've been considering changing over to the Vette side of things. I apologize for cluttering up this subforum with another switching thread, I've seen quite a few lately.

My main question is, do you guys feel that its worth it to go from my T/A, to a Coupe C5 A4?

All I keep finding everywhere is manual cars, all Zo6s, FRCs, and manual coupes! I can't believe it, because when I was searching for fbodies I never had this problem. Another problem I'm running into is when I do find A4s, they are WAY overpriced...like the price of some Z06s that are for sale. I tried to find a breakdown of Vette options, like percentage of transmissions, but I could find no info on it and was a little disappointed with what technical info I could locate in general. Any help would be appreciated guys, TIA!
Old 01-05-2010, 04:55 PM
Teching In

yes,i have both 2000ss with 525hp ls6,t400 and 98c5 with ls409 150 shot a4.c5 hands down.how are you going to do this depends.have cash in hand or sell your ta to come up with cash?market is very bad.i would not sell my fbody for what market is bringing.i might as well give it away.its sad.my c5 is up for sale for 15k.new paint,seats,rear and motor trany just refreshed.not sure what you are looking for but if you are interested pm me located in englewood,fl.thanks,andy
Old 01-05-2010, 09:00 PM
Staging Lane

Test drive a C5 and your mind will be made up. If i had the room , I would still have my 99 or my 01 C5. Both great cars.
Old 01-05-2010, 10:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

i have both... yes get a c5! much better! u wont regret it at all!! Its just something about having a vette
Old 01-06-2010, 01:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Alright, thanks for your opinions so far. I wanted to make sure before I deal with dealers and test drives that it was worth the switch. Obviously with the same drivetrain in both cars, I was a bit doubtful.

Oh and does anyone know where info like the breakdown of how many came with auto/manual were built for each year?
Old 01-06-2010, 02:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

No clue, check KBB for values just for a starter I'd say then go onto Autotrader and look up advanced options for automatic, mileage preference, years of corvette, etc.

You should find a good selection of gorgeous C5's! This forum and Corvetteforum always help too. Guys in CorvetteForum generally do JACK UP the price a lot more than the car is worth. Its a sad fact, but a car generally is only worth what its worth. All the passion, blood, and sweat doesn't equal value generally. Unless if they hold out for that rich guy who wants it.

As a fellow F-body member buying an LS3 C6 after I graduate college, the biggest difference is driving one! Ten fold difference in my opinion! My first Corvette I drove was an 02 C5 A4 w/ 3.15 gears and z51 handling. I nailed that puppy around corners going crazy fast speeds in complete awe that I hadn't met my maker yet. These cars are sexy, refined, a huge performance value, and fast! All reasons why it is America's iconic sports car