Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

MGW short throw for a c5 z ???

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2010, 08:50 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default MGW short throw for a c5 z ???

i just recieved my MGW shifter kit today but i think that they may have sent me the shift kit for a c6 will it fit my c5zo6 2004 or do i have to return it ............does anyone have one for a c5 zo6 mine has the threaded stick offset to the left not in the center how it looks like in the instruction cd???? help??? if some one has pics of the MGW that will fit in a c5 zo6 just to compare
Old 01-26-2010, 07:41 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep mine is the same way, been using it for a year. I think the instructions show the original design not the one you got. The offset is kinda nice because you can adjust it to the location you like.
Old 01-26-2010, 08:35 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ysb02
Yep mine is the same way, been using it for a year. I think the instructions show the original design not the one you got. The offset is kinda nice because you can adjust it to the location you like.
well thats good to hear i was about to return it cuz in the instruction cd it looks like the c5 shifter is dead on center shaft ,,,,, but like i said mine is offset (the threaded shaft ).... thanks dude
Old 01-26-2010, 08:37 AM
Launching!

also how do you like your MGW shifter in you c5 any problem going into any gears .... specially when u get on it hard how is 2 to 3 ????
Old 01-26-2010, 02:35 PM
Launching!

do you have your MGW in a c5 if so... how do you like it im switching from a hurst... is it good on the 2 to 3 shift...?
Old 01-28-2010, 08:11 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by c5z16z
do you have your MGW in a c5 if so... how do you like it im switching from a hurst... is it good on the 2 to 3 shift...?
Originally Posted by c5z16z
also how do you like your MGW shifter in you c5 any problem going into any gears .... specially when u get on it hard how is 2 to 3 ????
It's in a c5 z06. It's a lot better than the stock shifter. The stock one felt pretty vague. I've never had a problem with the 2 -> 3 shift so far but I've taken it to the drag strip once.

I got the MGW **** but I think I'm going to get one of the taller handle-type shifter ***** instead of a ball. The metal on the MGW gets so hot during the summer I can't touch the shifter.

Quick Reply: MGW short throw for a c5 z ???