Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Need some suggestions for my FRC

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 06:31 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need some suggestions for my FRC

Hey guys, I bought a 99 FRC a couple weeks ago. As soon as I got on the road for the long drive home, I was going to switch the heat from the dash vents to the defrost vents and it kept coming from the dash. No matter what position the **** was in, it kept coming from the dash vents. The only thing I can think of is a broken vaccuum line somewhere? Can someone tell me where to locate the line or give me any other suggestions as to what could be causing the problem?
Old 02-09-2010, 08:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

There's a vacuum line (very small) at the back of the intake manifold. Easy to forget or pop off if changing intake manifolds. (very common) Also, if the car has manual a/c controls (non digital) then there are vacuum lines that attach right behind the control switch on the dash. Could be broken or the diaphram in the switch itself could be bad. I would think you would hear a vacuum leak.
Old 02-10-2010, 10:59 AM
TECH Regular

I will take a look at it as soon as I get home.
Old 02-10-2010, 06:59 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its pretty common for the battery to leak acid and eat holes in the plastic vacuum lines that run down below the battery tray. Its the same line that connects to the back of the intake manifold, and runs down below the battery tray on its way to some of the HVAC controls that are back behind the passenger front wheel well. You might want to look on the Corvetteforum.com under the C5 section, they have some DIY stickies about this very subject and also show pics of the common problems .
Old 02-10-2010, 07:12 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by floman
Its pretty common for the battery to leak acid and eat holes in the plastic vacuum lines that run down below the battery tray. Its the same line that connects to the back of the intake manifold, and runs down below the battery tray on its way to some of the HVAC controls that are back behind the passenger front wheel well. You might want to look on the Corvetteforum.com under the C5 section, they have some DIY stickies about this very subject and also show pics of the common problems .
I will try to take a look at it this weekend when I have some free time. I will check the stickies on corvetteforum too. Thanks a bunch.