Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

back and looking for info

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2010, 09:44 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default back and looking for info

I am a vette owner once again 2002 Z06 and it’s a far cry from my first vette an 85. I’m looking to expand my knowledge of the car and parts that work. I’ve built a 98 Z28 (434hp w/ nitrous) and a 99 Trans AM (413hp n/a) but my intentions with those cars were different than now. This car is garage kept and in no way going to be a daily driver. I’m looking for the best with this car suspension, exhaust, heads, intakes, cams, and all the little things that fall between. Any links to sites and good knowledge is appreciated.
Old 05-09-2010, 10:39 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by twisted99TA
I am a vette owner once again 2002 Z06 and it’s a far cry from my first vette an 85. I’m looking to expand my knowledge of the car and parts that work. I’ve built a 98 Z28 (434hp w/ nitrous) and a 99 Trans AM (413hp n/a) but my intentions with those cars were different than now. This car is garage kept and in no way going to be a daily driver. I’m looking for the best with this car suspension, exhaust, heads, intakes, cams, and all the little things that fall between. Any links to sites and good knowledge is appreciated.
Check out Pfadt racing for suspension, coilovers. Exhaust depends, some quickly put on a catback then mod the motor and it's too loud and they are looking to put the Ti exhaust back on. I would keep the ti exhaust and add electric cutouts and/or do the ti mod where you weld a piece of titanium between the exhaust pipe before/after the muffler as a partial bypass.

AFR/Trickflow heads, I had a lifter fail so my opinion is the lifters/plastic trays are a weak link and tiebar lifters would eliminate the trays.

Tick adjustable master cylinder will have you shifting faster right off the floor vs. the long pedal travel of the stock master cylinder.
Old 05-12-2010, 06:23 AM
Dumb Ass Vette Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by twisted99TA
Any links to sites and good knowledge is appreciated.
www.ls1tech.com

Quick Reply: back and looking for info